any ideas for replacing the steel (cheap!) jumpers connecting pre to power in nad amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just like any other pre to power, you can replace the metal connector on your integrated amp with an interconnect cable..

if you know how to terminate an interconnect cable, you can started by using an ordinary inexpensive microphone cable. use about 4 inches per side. even this cable would normally gives better results than the original metal connector. of course if you're willing to spend more...you will get better results.

I would be willing to bet they are not steel, but knicle plated brass. Not all bright, shiny non-yellow metals are steel.

If you cut them in half you would know for sure.

BTW I had a NAD reciever about 15-20 years ago and put some kind of processor in that loop. I took the ocassion to cut one of the jumpers. The inner metal was somekind of yellowish metal. Anyway, I also tried to using the interconnect just to replace the jumpers. I had much more accute hearing back then, and frankly, could hear no difference.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.