Help with minor ground loop when both RCA connectors are grounded

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi have a minor ground loop that I'm trying to 100% eliminate in my amp build that only happens when both RCA connectors are connected. With a single connector, the ground loop is gone (speaker dead silent). Can someone provide a suggestion on what to change in my grounding setup? I have a diagram of the connections attached.

Attachments

• ground.png
    ground.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 94
Joined 2011
Hi have a minor ground loop that I'm trying to 100% eliminate in my amp build that only happens when both RCA connectors are connected. With a single connector, the ground loop is gone (speaker dead silent). Can someone provide a suggestion on what to change in my grounding setup? I have a diagram of the connections attached.

Try 10 Ohms between each RCA ground shell and ground. Float the RCA jacks from the chassis, if they aren't already. Should work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.