Can I use a powered sub woofer with an amp via XLR?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I have a Harmen Kardon HK 990 and my mate has a Behringer powered sub woofer which I would love to hook up to my sound system for a party. I just realized the amp has XLR output which the woofer uses but I don't want to blow up his internal amp. Can I safely use his powered woofer using the XLR output on my amp?

The XLRs on the Harmon Kardon are inputs not outputs, So my guess would be no.

jer :)

Attachments

• HK.jpg
    HK.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Hi all. I have a Harmen Kardon HK 990 and my mate has a Behringer powered sub woofer which I would love to hook up to my sound system for a party. I just realized the amp has XLR output which the woofer uses but I don't want to blow up his internal amp. Can I safely use his powered woofer using the XLR output on my amp?

HK 990 has pre-out RCA pins, connect them to the Behringer XLR inputs: plus (+) RCA pin to XLR pin 2, minus (-) RCA pin to both XLR pins 1 and 3, for Left and Right channels respectively.

Thank you gerald, so they are. My apologies for causing any confusiin im not an experienced forum user so ill endever to think questions out more clearly in future.

Interesting idea sonce ill defo look into that idea.. thats the outside the box ideas i like.

Cheeres guys :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.