Another solid state joke !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We are in the repair business...

Costumer is coming in to pick up an amplifier from repair . He asked what exactly have we fixed , pay for the cost of everything and then started a conversation with one of my employees about vintage amplifiers :

-Costumer :
What do you think about the sound of X amplifier ?
-Employ :
We have repaired plenty of those and many also have been upgraded and many of our costumers think that they sound pretty nice for vintage amplifiers
-Costumer :
Could you comment between amplifiers X and Y when it comes to better depth and sound stage ?
-Employ :
For this type of information and such details you will have to speak with mr Sakis that he is very familiar with this type of details.
-Costumer :
I have been listening to more than 30 vintage amplifiers the latest days and to be honest is very hard to choose
-Employ :
Wow !!! how did you manage to bring in, test and listen so many rare vintage amplifiers ?
-Costumer :

I didn't i listen to them on YOU TUBE !!!:D:D:D

Joined 2011
Paid Member
then there are those Naive enough to provide audio clips of their 'system' ..in action.
So I can evaluate/be impressed by it through my PC sound setup ?

We are an interesting Species indeed.

If you go ahead and listen on your PC sound setup, how can you blame the person who created the video or sound clip?

Any time I listen/watch any sample video/audio clips, I do so from the PC which is the main source in my audio system. Generally, the clips sound lackluster as expected, but once in a while I do at least get a sense of how the person's system sounds in their room.

Sitting and laughing at these folks while you listen on computer speakers? Talk about making a bad situation much worse.

Having said that, I do agree that auditioning amps on youtube is just... hard to find the words. :)

Last edited:
There are people on this very forum who sometimes invite us to compare two systems via YouTube etc. They are puzzled and hurt when we fall about laughing!

I'm one of them. I expected You Tube to be useless. But I once listened to a comparison of two amplifiers, it was SS vs Tube actually. Sound was not clipping. Whilst I could not tell you what the differences were, it was clear to my subjective self that the tube sounded nicer. Most of the other listeners found the same. Of course, it's not a critical judgment, but it was most interesting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.