All NMOS output amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey. I've got so many NMOS laying around and this idea for using them has been spinning in my head for so long but my usual lazyness keeps me in the 'armchair designer' mode. I hope starting this thread might get my butt in gear and finally build one.
Nothing speacial, just another way of driving an NMOS-only output stage. They simulate quite well, (ok I know the high bias currrent will make anything measure well), but even without NFB it looks promising. (Of course for no loop NFB the local degeneration must be increased). Pretty wide bandwidth as well.
Anyways, what you think?

Attachments

• Mirror_allNMOS.png
    Mirror_allNMOS.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 293
  • ltp_allNMOS.png
    ltp_allNMOS.png
    59 KB · Views: 280
There is no 'waste' of diff action, the point of the LTPs is to drive the MOSFETs. The loadresistors may be increased in value if that gives comfort, but here my object was to make a wide bandwidth amp. I've sim'ed all kinds of values, and the higher ones do not make it any better, just lowers the upper frequency range. Why an amp that goes to 1MHz? I dunno...why not? Makes it more fun.
I prefer the currentmirror version and intend to build that one first.

Hey. I've got so many NMOS laying around and this idea for using them has been spinning in my head for so long but my usual lazyness keeps me in the 'armchair designer' mode. I hope starting this thread might get my butt in gear and finally build one.
Nothing speacial, just another way of driving an NMOS-only output stage. They simulate quite well, (ok I know the high bias currrent will make anything measure well), but even without NFB it looks promising. (Of course for no loop NFB the local degeneration must be increased). Pretty wide bandwidth as well.
Anyways, what you think?

Looks pretty semperfi... Is it symmetrical ? As in do the sims show any h2 ? Maybe post the asc and folks can play with it. Kuroda had similar and they were well regarded in told - I think I have the scans someplace in case you want them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.