Fan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok people i have one simple quetion you know those Pc Fans with 2500 rpm and 12v and around 0.2 or 0.15 amps.I have one but it is out of microshem.:smash: I tried to supply it with 12 volts but it has 3 inputs i thought that it is like 6-0-6 but it is not.So one thing to make it work it is to make i microshem maybe somebody know the link or have the image of the circuit or just could explain me how to make it work ,how to connect 12 volts to those 3 inputs.:D

Not quite sure what you mean by micro here. Do you mean it
is one of those fans with built in motor control electronics?
Then that usually makes no difference, if it is a "standard"
PC fan it is most probably still two wires for power supply and
one for RPM monitoring.

I am also not clear about if your problem is that you don't get the
fan to work, or if you haven't tried yet because you are unsure
of how to connect it.

Edit: Just saw that you actually said you had tried to power
it with 12V. So if you didn't get it to work and don't get it to
work by connecting power as suggested by others here, you
might have destroyed the electronics in it if you connected it
wrong in the first attempt.

Rulezz, I really read your posts carefully but still can´t understand you. Could you try to describe again?
I´m sorry but "power per minute" doesn´t make any sense here.
And which inputs are you talking about?
You need a basic DC-power supply and leave the third cable unconnected (RPM signal).

Maybe he has misunderstood the function of the RPM lead and
thinks he must somehow control the rotation of the fan??

Rulezzz,

just in case you have misunderstood, an ordinary PC fan should
be powered by 12V DC between two of the leads and you
cannot control the rotation speed, except that most fans will
go slower if you use a lower voltage. The rpm lead is just
for sensing the rotation of the fan, not for controlling it.

PC fans are "brushless", they all contain electronic commutation circuitry instead of carbon brushes.

You may have dropped on a thermal fan, this also has 3 leads, an NTC thermistor fitting between the extra lead and ground. Leaving the thermistor open-circuit gives minimum speed, shorting it gives max speed.

Get the fan make & model and google for the datasheet.

ok explaining again i have fan but it now can't be called fan because it has only MOTOR and ventilator.Motor must be connected to microshem and there is also(exacly was) some resistors and something else don't realy remember .Fans doesn't work because i have broken it if u take a fan which has 3 wires one of which is rpm monitor not rpm control and remove its ventilator you would see that there is micro with some other things.I want to say that micro is in fan's body.So the MOTOR has 3 inputs.Do you understand now?
P.S. if it would be so easy and i had 3 wires coming from the fan i realy wouldn't ask you for help i know that this fan realy don't cost alot but want to somehow repear it.And beacause of the 20 times per minute it was that micro because of which fan work (i think so).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.