phono design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok Dimitri I think you right, here is the NF diagram.
but if you look at Hfe diagram you can see that gain at 100uA is half than 1mA. I think S/N at the end is almost the same.
If it's a mistake please tell me.

Thank you
Aiace

Attachments

• noise.gif
    noise.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 443
>but if you look at Hfe diagram you can see that gain at 100uA is half than 1mA. I think S/N at the end is almost the same.
If it's a mistake please tell me.

Yes, this is a mistake. The differential dc _voltage_ gain of the first long-tailed pair will be (R2+R3)/(2*26mV/Ie+R1). It is nothing to do with hfe - current gain.

>Dimitri said than pickup can be modelled by 10-15 kohm.

Yes, this is for typical MM pickup with a resistance of ~500ohm and an inductance of ~500mH.
I've opened the pdf of Grado, your pickup has ten times lower inductance. If it isn't a mistake I don't understand why Grado has that output :scratch:. If the inductance of your MM pickup is ~50mH, leave everything untouched. You are lucky!:D

Yes Dimitri Vu=gmd*Vd where gmd=Ie/(4*26mV)...so as high Ie as high the gain of Vd :D

Dimitri, I 've looked around for pick up inductance, and I think you give me a clue: I'm going to measure inductance of my pick up but at the moment I can't hear any noise from my phono :devilr:

Hi
Aiace

My dear Aiace
Don’t put out your tongue at me :no:. Think before you type :yes:.

>Vu=gmd*Vd where gmd=Ie/(4*26mV)...so as high Ie as high the gain of Vd

This is not Vu-voltage, this is Iu-current! :D – and to remain E/2 voltage on collectors while changing Ie you should adjust R2,R3 correspondently

>I can't hear any noise from my phono
Very good

Ciao

:blush: Ingenuously I trimmered RV1 before connecting the circuit to the pickup. After several days a suspicion is risen me....
I went to measure the outoput offset and it was 3V !!!!:gasp:

So I trimmered again RV1 (with the pickup connected) and started to listen at same disks .... Fantastic !! It has been like I cleaned my glasses, or like I cleaned the kitchen windows from the vapor. Finally I obtained the transparency that I love. :hbeat:

Yes, my phono sounds very well, fast and deep low frequencies, very natural in human voices , extremely high dimanic sound, analytic like one x-ray, not noise at all.
I'm very happy of my work 'couse my thoeory of "virtual bilanced" was right :happy1:

Thank you at all for your advices and patience
Aiace

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.