who builds high pass filters these days?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
need to roll off my amp (100k input impedance, balanced input) at ~ 70-80hz, am wondering who builds such things these days?

TIA
rhyno

Just to clarify - you need to cut everything below 70-80Hz, right?

I use a low-cut filter (18-20Hz, 5-th order) in my system.
See it HERE.
OpAmps may be different (and less expensive) - consider something from this thread: Low noise OpAmps 2014.

I can share the schematic if you are interested. It is easy to re-calculate the R/C values for 70-80Hz...

Cheers,
Valery

Last edited:
just looking for a simple high pass filter to be used at amp's input, while low freq go to sub. gather that the high pass filter is just some (carefully chosen) caps in a box, but again, any rec's as to who does custom work like that would be a help.

(looking to stay away from opamp based filters)
tia

There is probably an input dc blocking capacitor and resistor, forming an RC highpass. You could alter the capacitor value and extend it to RC-RC for a steeper slope which would suit closed box roll off of the mains. If they're vented however, you'd need a 4th order filter. And that would require opamps. 4th order RC is either lossy or requires larger capacitor values and normally larger physical size.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.