standard daughterboard size for an unsiversal preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI i am in the process of making a new preamp. Actually it is a platform where you can buy the modules by me or making your own.

I know this is a bit commercial. But some have asked me about making a different layout than me first intention was.
I wanted to make cheap preamp with good spec and parts.

I have now come to the point where i place the opamps and attenuators on a daughterboard. This will make it possible for everyone. to make there own preamp cheap or expensive. Or start out cheap and upgrade.. Or even more important .. Make there own daughterboard.

Then it could be exchanged between the DIY community. They will be able to get a finished motherboard with relays and control logic which is time consuming.

I have maked a sketch for the minimum daughterboard size.

Take a look and comment.

http://mirand.dk/mirandp1-dbrd-spec.pdf

Remember it has to hold left and right channel.

Regards

Sonny

I'm not sure how is this connectors pinout but maybe it's not such a good idea to have inputs and outputs close together. You could use every other pin for GND for instance. I believe this is better as far as isolation is concerned.

I've been doing some thoughts over the years for such a setup and the motherboard is real pain!

George

Yes.

Only the front with the micro i will not... It is very easy to mess up the programming of the AVR micro.

But i think this would be ok? Then the rest can be done by yourself..

I have no price on the board yet..

Hi george.. You are right.... But it is no problem to add more ground pins to the connector. The connector is cheap and goldplated and can be delivered in different length....

So i will make a some gorund connection between the signals. 2 between in and out and 2 between digital pins and supply and 2 between digital pins and analog signals.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.