Audiolab 8000a mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am currently using an Audiolab 8000a integrated amplifier. This amp has the ability to seperate the pre and power stages. I would like to do this in order to use it as a pre amp but have no idea what the internal mod consists of.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Instructions.

My Pal did not get the circuit diagram but got the following instructions after it was made clear that it will void all warranties.

" To separate the pre/ power amplifier section and make the power amp 'in' operational, remove the two linking 560R resistors (found at positions R979 and R980) to positions R985 and R986."

We did do this and it works well.

Hope it helps.
Cheers,
Ashok.

I have a very bad copy of a copy of a copy of the circuit diagram and PCB layout of the Audiolab 8000A, dated 20-10-84. I think a scan will not show enough details, because of the bad quality already.
I do not have such a unit so I cannot check anything in reality, but from the papers I would conclude that the only thing you have to do is to set the switch SW5 to the other position. SW5 is mounted on the internal PCB between the CD and TAPE 1 sockets. From the layout, I would say it is a 2-pole slide switch with the center connections going to the power stages (left and right), the connections closest to the rear are going to the Power amp input sockets. The connections closest to the front are going to the tone control amplifier via 2 resistors of 330 Ohm, mounted very close to SW5. These connections also go to the Preamp output sockets.

I could not find any of the resistors Ashok is referring to, so probably this is about a different amplifier, or my schematics do not fit to your amplifier.

Succes,

Steven

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.