Leach amp w/o feedback - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd March 2002, 01:41 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Leach amp w/o feedback

Would there be any idea in using Leach amp without feedack? I know it'd increase THD, but to counter that I could match all stages. I think some version was quoted as having 1% THD at 50W without feedback. And if that's lower with less power, I might as well give it a try.

-Kimmo Sundqvist
Old 5th March 2002, 11:43 AM   #2
ppl is offline ppl  United States
diyAudio Member

How would you then define the Closed Loop Gain? would you also Reduce the Amps Origenal Openloop gain? I have used a Multiloop Feedback on the Leach Amp by applying a resistor from each side of the Voltage gains second stage to the Inverting input. Also the output stage is feed back to thie inverting input. The Open loop vs closed loop gain of the amp can now be easly controled. Other methods of reducing the Openloop gain include larger Emmiter resistors on eather the First Diff Amp or the Second Gain stage. Exparamentation in encouraged like i have also operated the output stage only Outside the Feedback Loop with the Feedback still taken from the Voltage gain stages as in the multiloop method. Anyway yave fun with this because you can the Possibilities are endless.

Hide this!Advertise here!