cyrus 8v2 with buzz after 2 hours - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2014, 02:46 PM   #1
silence is offline silence  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default cyrus 8v2 with buzz after 2 hours

my cyrus 8vs2 have started make a buzzing sound. It only starts after the amplifier has been playing for 1-2 hours. It is most obvious from the tweeters but can also be heard from the midtone. If I change input on the amplifier to an unused input and back again it disappears for a minute or two and then reappears. It is not a very high buzz, but definitely irritating even when playing music a moderate sound level. It should be mentioned that I use very sensitive speakers (95 dB). The buzz has not always been there.

Any ideas what could be broken inside?
Old 7th April 2014, 04:20 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

There's no free information out there for late model Cyrus amplifiers so it won't be easy to get specific help for that model. I would seek the agent's advice to get a professional opinion for such high sensitivity speakers. Such noise may go unnoticed with conventional types of say, 88dB sensitivity. Considering the long period before the noise appears, it's likely the fault is induced by heat and this can be found in a few things like caps, semiconductors, soldering and other heat fatigue connection problems. Really, that is for a good technician to undertake with instruments in those compact and fussy models.

I say this because I have earlier models in the same case myself. It's not at all simple getting into those, let alone work to the standard of the manufacturer.

Hide this!Advertise here!