Repair help needed - Creek Destiny - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th July 2014, 08:34 AM   #91
diyAudio Member

Yeap The schematic is available i can email it to you or anyone else needs it for private use ...
As about the difference between the two amps i dont have any idea since i have never repaired any 5350 and also i have been repairing the destiny without a schematic ...

Schematic come much later ....

Kind regards
Sakis
service@eastelectronics.gr
Old 8th July 2014, 01:33 PM   #92
diyAudio Member

There is one more Creek Destiny amplifier that joined us this morning with similar problems

To the list i will have to add
---mains fuse holder was kinda loose
---D23 located next to U1 that is the current monitor of the amplifier. Faulty diode was driving the amp to protection mode

All diodes in both IC have been replaced

List is getting tooooooo looooong
Old 10th July 2014, 08:29 PM   #93
jomor is offline jomor  Greece
diyAudio Member

It is great news that you are gaining repair experience on the Destiny. Mine could have been next on your list to be serviced, but I have sent it to the manufacturer 3 months ago. I got a reply a month later that the repair is in progress, but I haven't got any news sine then, despite my emails and I am getting really anxious..
Old 12th July 2014, 03:44 AM   #94
diyAudio Member

Quote:
....I have sent it to the manufacturer 3 months ago. I got a reply a month later that the repair is in progress, but I haven't got any news sine then...
3 months at the manufacturer's service centre? That seems like your amplifier has been sent to the original manufacturing plant or is awaiting unobtanium parts from there. Nobody leaves work "in progress" for longer than the backlog of work takes - If there is such a long backlog, obviously more staff are needed. - really disgraceful performance from any manufacturing organisation.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:17 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

I emailed them on June 2, June 27 and July 17. Still no reply. I will have to call them to find out what is happening with my device, I hope this will not develop to another horror story.
Old 18th July 2014, 08:27 AM   #96
diyAudio Member

One thing that is not clear to me .
Is your amplifier to be serviced in the local distributor service or its shipped to the manufacturer ?
Old 18th July 2014, 08:52 AM   #97
diyAudio Member

I have shipped just the final stage board to the manufacturer (Creek U.K.). The local distributor had just replaced the mosfets when the amplifier failed for the first time during the first month of purchase on 2009 (εντός εγγύησης). After the first fix the amplifier played ok (actually only for a few hours since I was rarely using it) until it failed again some months ago. Since the problem reappeared I decided to send it back to the manufacturer with the hope of getting luckier this time.. If you remember I had sent you a pm on another forum asking if you had a repair manual months ago but you didn't have any Destinies repaired then. I just hope I get the board back either it is fixed or not.

Hide this!Advertise here!