|Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|5th January 2004, 07:59 PM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2003
I see you are driving an interstage transformer with a single-ended MOSFET with a resistor load. The output stage is similar to this thread, with the exception that the circuit below operates in source-follower configuration.
I have many comments:
- Why use a resistor load on the single-ended MOSFET driver? Why not use a choke load or a constant-current source?
- Your interstage must drive a lot of capacitance. Have you considered changing your output stage to source-follower? Your output stage will have no voltage gain, but the gate capacitances will be very small. Would your driver stage be able to deliver enough voltage?
- What is the windings ratio of the interstage transformer?
- What is the ratio of the output transformer? This transformer must be large (at least by car audio standards). Also, you are really trusting the bias to stay stable. Otherwise, you'll have a DC offset in the OPT.
- I'm assuming that the sources (and the zener) are grounded in the output stage ...
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Class A2 Direct MOSFET Coupled SE||Michael Koster||Tubes / Valves||177||29th January 2016 02:27 PM|
|6sn7 direct coupled and transformer coupled||neazoi||Tubes / Valves||3||23rd May 2008 04:30 PM|
|6922 transformer coupled||Andersen||Tubes / Valves||12||9th April 2008 03:47 AM|
|Power follower class A Mosfet DC coupled.||Mr. Steve||Solid State||30||15th February 2006 07:04 PM|
|Transformer coupled linestage||Panelhead||Solid State||10||18th October 2005 10:57 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|