Eti 480 Pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've searched and searched for a decent PCB layout for this amp but I can't find one. I have purchased one off Dick Smith and built it but I also want to make another one from scratch.

Does anyone have something I can print out and copy onto a blacnk board (using the old laser printer and iron trick)

Thanks

Liam.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
VT Calais,

Ditch the ETI480 and go for the updated SC480, schematics, PCB layout etc can be found in Silicon Chip magazine about a year ago.

I know this is not exactly what you want but here is a link to a PCB supplier that has all the PCBs available. Search for "480" you will find the ETI480 and SC480.

RCS

Hope this helps

Joined 2002
Paid Member
The T03 is harder to build, and has a larger PCB, so its harder to fit in a case. The T03 kit includes 3055/2955 output transistors which give marginal performance I have heard.

Dick Smith, JayCar and Altronics have this kit available. I would suggest you compare the quality and price. I think the price is around $45 to $56 dollars. They do come on special every so often.

Also, there are other amp kits available depending on your budget and requirements.

"The T03 kit includes 3055/2955 output transistors which give marginal performance I have heard."
I did not use these when I built mine - I fitted Jap flat-pack output transistors instead (2SA1106?/2SC2579) and performed some improvements and these amplifiers worked extremely well and perfectly reliably.
There are better output transistors available nowadays than either type.

Eric.

Hello Pete,
My improvements were as follows-

Shift the module power input directly to the emitter resistors.
Shift the output connection to directly between the output transistors ( this keeps speaker currents off the NFB trace).
Shift the speaker return (-ve) to the centre of the PSU and NOT connected to the pcb.
Use much larger value input capacitor (preferrably NP/Bipolar or PP type).
Replace the NFB shunt capacitor with larger value and NP/Bipolar type.

These are some of the mods as far as I recall.
This gave sonically much better performance than the magazine recomended version, and gave no oscillation or reliability problems.

Eric.

PS

HI VT,

actually, it's a (far too}small transformer, I think about 32v/side as far as I remember;
I've got hold of a much bigger one (again can't remember the voltage, I'm in Bangkok sipping on a beer, can you blame me...)

so with the "new" transformer (actually a side of the road special),
the bridged pair out to put out some decent power...

cheers,
Pete McK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.