Has any one built this 1KW amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
Here is a Schematic for u

Attachments

• npnamp.jpg
    npnamp.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 5,753
Ampman,

The CF diode is missing in the lower half of the amp. Is this O.K?

Everyone else,

Any comments on the schematic presented by Ampman? Will the driver stage provide sufficient base current to the output stage of will there be driver pulling?

And what, no short-circuit protection for an amp of this magnitude?

The CF diode is CURRENT FEED diode which does balancing of driver stage current .
As this is Quasi complementary stage the CF diode will remain as it is at upper rail.
The output stage is formed by TRIPLET CURRENT GAIN STAGE
which has a current gain of approximately 125000 times, therefore it doesnot pose a problem on driving low impedance speakers.:devilr: :bigeyes:

Amp_man,

Thanks for your reply and yes I'll work on your amplifier. I'll try my hands on it after am done with some few projects down here. If you can, please post the complete schematic for all (supply, protection, and having output transistors in parallel so I can be sure of what am doing). :D :D :D ..... Again, thank you!!!

Dex

Ampman,

I have been on the lookout for a powerful amp for quite sometime now. I have built Randy Sloan's OPTIMOS amp that can do 400 watts into an 8 ohm load with +-84 volt supply rails. This is one of the more powerful amps that I have built among umpteen other relatively lower powered ones.

I was very interested in building a bridged Super Leach with slightly lower rails than the +-93volts suggested by Prof.Leach in order to be able to bridge it into a 4 ohm load. But after seeing reports that the Leach amps are not that formidable in the bass region, I have finally decided to build the Dynacord S1200, three of which I own. I had decided to use a lower supply voltage so as to safely bridge the amp into a 4 ohm load.

If your design can drive a 2 ohm load, ie., 4 ohms in bridged mode and has protection circuitry, I might as well give it a try.

Thanks,

Sir Amp_man,

Sir, I need an amp which delivers atleast 500w at 8ohms. I am unto pro audio and it may sound crazy that I have PLX's, MX's, and USA's from QSC, Fostex, Peavey (by which I've got one CS1000x with a broken differential amp and need help on a certain IC) but I still wanna make an amp. But its just for the love of electronics... :D :D :D ... Also this amp of yours might consider driving a 2 ohm load unbridged. I wanna try this amp of yours to drive 8 TSW-721 subs in stereo. This will be a serious test for your design if I come thru it. :D Preferably has a short circuit protection as well as no load. Basically, I want an amp which delivers enough power for bass at 30-160Hz region. Thanks!

Dex

Amp_man,

Thanks for your offer.

My requirements are as follows:

600watts into 8 ohms OR
1200 watts into 4 ohms OR
2400 watts into 2 ohms

The above are continuous RMS ratings and peaks can be twice that power. Whether the amp is driven bridged or single does not matter. But I want a high damping factor and well defined bass rather than boom. I should be able to better the sound of the Dynacord S1200 amps which I presently use. These are pretty good amplifiers but have limited power ie., 380w x 8E, 600w x 4E per channel. Continuous drive into 2 ohms is catalogued but according to the company's German engineer's, it is not recommended. 2.6E is minimum safe rating.

The amplifiers are intended to drive EV 18" and 15" drivers in Horn loaded bass bins.

In anticipation,

To get sufficient voltage swing for the power of 600WRMS @ 8 OHMS , the supply rails must be somewhat near at +-120 VDC
I can design the amp using this criteria i.E
Supply voltage=+-120VDC
OUTPUT transistors=MJL21196 DEVICES
Drivers=MJE15032,MJE15033
Pre drivers=MJE340/350
Filter CAPS rating 4 X 10000MFD 150V atleast
Heatsinking Aluminium + 2 X 4.7"cooling Fans rated at 220VACor110VAC (which is applicable)mains operated fans

IF the above mentioned Specs are in ur range than I can proceed further
IF not, Then WE have to bridge 2 amps to get desired power at supply rails @ +-75VDC
THE CHOICE IS URS:smash: :smash: :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.