Has any one built this 1KW amp? - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2012, 08:26 PM   #111
diyAudio Member

Yes Sir this is a leach amplifier modified.no P.c.b. is used in output section. Rail wires are 2.5 m.m. thick.Today I run this amp for 6 hours non stop with 8nos. 15' speakers+8 nos.12" speakers +8 nos. Tweaters Total d.c resistance .5 ohm upto 52 volt and 33 amps on output. Crispy crystal clear highs lively mid and deep low was what I got . I am happy with result.Sugestion to make this was by Capsighter Chinoko .sending some more photos.Paa ji Aap ko main aap ki id par message bhejunga.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of 100_1705.JPG (230.8 KB, 446 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of 100_1712.JPG (258.8 KB, 406 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of 100_1711.JPG (218.5 KB, 404 views)
Old 13th August 2012, 11:32 PM   #112
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedmitraa View Post
Yes Sir this is a leach amplifier modified.no P.c.b. is used in output section. Rail wires are 2.5 m.m. thick.Today I run this amp for 6 hours non stop with 8nos. 15' speakers+8 nos.12" speakers +8 nos. Tweaters Total d.c resistance .5 ohm upto 52 volt and 33 amps on output. Crispy crystal clear highs lively mid and deep low was what I got . I am happy with result.Sugestion to make this was by Capsighter Chinoko .sending some more photos.Paa ji Aap ko main aap ki id par message bhejunga.
can you snap a photo of the heatsink profile you used? is that a local job and how much does it cost? thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 09:31 AM   #113
diyAudio Member

.... did you try to overdrive the amp by ""accident "" ?..... if you construct such an amplifier a situation like that will happen in the feature ....this is a simple fact
Old 14th August 2012, 08:37 PM   #114
diyAudio Member

Hello Mr. Sakis,
no I did not overdrive amp by accident.I did it purposely.Because i had a challenge from some local guy who made an amplifier and drive 40 12" speakers parallel on one channel.I have a challenge to drive 8 18" speakers parallel on one channel for 12 hours.Still I have not reached my goal because for that kind of amp i need minimum 70 volts and 35 amps at output on given load condition that is 8/8=1 ohm and around 2400 watts .and I am up to that .maybe with 16 pairs of 15024-25 I will achieve that. Need a good Driver circuit for this purpose.Supply is no problem for me as I wind my own transformers.E I and Torrid both.At present I am using 2750 watts transformer on my bench.About the cost of heat sinks I don't remember because I was planning all this since a long time. As you can see i have ample collection of components cores heatsinks in my work shop. I have already made dx turbo with 18 transistors in one channel.E T i 320 watts with 12 mj3773 in one channel .Dirty harry by Fotios 20 24-25 one channel.Quasar legend stage master with triple drive and many more My first 4 channel amp I made in 1982.E.T.I master mixer with equaliser modified to 10 channels in 1983 and so on.Audio is my hobby and profession both.Now at the age of 56 I want to shift from field work to table work.Since 5 years I was learning quietely from All Learned people from difrrent forums.Now only I am showing What a little I have learned. My motto.The day you stop learning you are no more.Thanks to all learned ones. attached some more photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of 100_1665.JPG (248.4 KB, 332 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of books and compos.JPG (244.5 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of 100_1710.JPG (181.0 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of My worshipping place.jpg (172.9 KB, 178 views)
Old 15th August 2012, 12:52 AM   #115
diyAudio Moderator

vedmitraa, good job...keep stabbing at your goal, you'll get there....the 1943/5200 seem plentiful and cheap even in Manila.......just be aware that there are fakes....some sellers here would even ask if you want originals or fakes as price spread is greater than 3 to 1....

i am interested in your heatsink profile, is that a local extrusion or did you import? do you have profile drawings with dimensions that you can send me?

i also make my own transformers for amps that i build.....good luck and safety first, amps to follow....
Old 15th August 2012, 12:19 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

Thanks Tony for compliments,
Heat sinks, cores,power resistances, capacitors and many other components I buy from Agra disposal market where they sell most of military disposal goods. My oscilloscopes , Signal generator,Philips analogue multi meter and many more I buy from this market on down to earth prices.Heat sink I buy lot in Kg. rates of scrap and these parts are better than market new parts.In cabinet i will be using 2 heatsinks to create tunnel and fan from both side suction and throw.
Old 15th August 2012, 12:30 PM   #117
diyAudio Moderator

i see we share common interests, i too am a frequent visitor to these metal recyclers, junk shops if you will, where imported discarded electronics are dismantled for precious metals like gold, silver, copper and aluminium...

i buy discarded boards for their parts, boards are sold by the kilo also....the quality of components in those boards are first rate....

i am about your age and also done with my kids' education, so now i have more time for my first love which is electronics diy...

keep up the good work....
Old 15th August 2012, 10:02 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

Default Schematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle View Post
Sir Kimberlator, kindly can you please post schematic how to connect the output complementary.
By saying "Complementary Pairs" it's about using NPN/PNP transistors, where PNP has same or almost the same characteristics of it's NPN counterpart, as for the schematic you're requesting it's a Kanwar's design, called WORKHORSE 1500 WATTS BIPOLAR CLASS H and you can see it here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/Workhorse_1500W_Bipolar_Class_H

Cheers.

Last edited by kimberlator; 15th August 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 15th August 2012, 10:09 PM   #119
diyAudio Member

Talking Truly a good place to find interesting things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
i see we share common interests, i too am a frequent visitor to these metal recyclers, junk shops if you will, where imported discarded electronics are dismantled for precious metals like gold, silver, copper and aluminium...

i buy discarded boards for their parts, boards are sold by the kilo also....the quality of components in those boards are first rate....

i am about your age and also done with my kids' education, so now i have more time for my first love which is electronics diy...

keep up the good work....
You are right about that, i am a regular visitor at the metal recycler as you can find a variety of first grade components, as well as very good fans, heatsinks, capacitors, xformers and lots of hi-Q electronics that sometimes are hard-to-find even new from electronics supplier.
Best Regards.
Old 17th August 2012, 07:41 PM   #120
diyAudio Member

Any senior member If you have be please kind enough to post a working driver circuit to give me around 75 volts at output in class ab with bjt.As I told earlier power supply and mj 15024-25 no problem for me.
regerds

Hide this!Advertise here!