resistor colour code

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
greetings can anyone tell the value of the resistor R21 or R121 located
near the 330pf caps there are 2 resistances in parallel 27K and the resistance with the colour code starting from the right RED ORANGE GREY BROWN brown indicates 1% value resistor so what would be the value of the resistor
warm regards
andrew

Attachments

• 4j7i.jpg
    4j7i.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 192
Arrange from coldest color to hottest, and count from 0 to 9. It's NOT THAT HARD.

Although Andrew's problem was trying to read it BACKWARDS. A 200-something megohm 1% doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and that should have been a clue.

Last edited:
The big clue was that all the other resistors were 5% gold banded.
For some reason the added resistor is a 2% and yet it looks like it is in parallel to a 5% of similar value (is it 27k?)

Some manufactures will mark a 1% or 2% resistor with a brown (1%) or red (2%) band following a gold band in the fourth position. This is so you you won't read it backwards as the tolerance is always the fourth band.

However many metal film resistors have unique color codes and use spacing to break up the bands.

The safest way is to use an ohm meter and check before you solder it in. This is what I do with 1% metal films because I can never accuratly read the bands. Red often looks like brown against the light blue resistor casing the metal films typically use..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.