HIGH Power Sub amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

check this out

Attachments

• f10.jpg
    f10.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 887
I don't think I changed any other parts, but if I remember any I'll tell you. Be careful selecting the right parts sizes and formats for the PCBs - I had some too large capacitors, wrong format potentiometer, etc.

I also re-built the amp with slightly different mounting configuration, to allow direct mounting of Mosfets to a flat heatsink:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I would maybe want to try a slightly different combination of resistors for the biasing circuit, to allow easier adjustment with the IRF devices. But the values in Anthony's schematic work fine.

hello saint,

I'm planning to build ur amp design soon av400/av800, because I heared it is sounding good. I have a question, what is the total output power of av400 if I connect in bridge mode.

I have a simple calculation to find the output power bridge mode type as follows!!!.

bridge mode type.
@ 16 ohms=400 watts
@ 8 ohms =800 watts
@ 4 ohms =1200 watts--- it is possible to connect in 4 ohms load?

many thanks,

rlg

hello' guys'

pls. help, I just built av400 I make my own pcb of this version. my problem is during pre test the amp is ok. it read 1.6 vot at R2 , R4, but when I put the power mosfet the fuse was blow.

anyone can help, I expect that the op is damage. but I dont know on how to check the mosfet.

rlg.:whazzat: :whazzat:

rlg_200 said:
hello' guys'

pls. help, I just built av400 I make my own pcb of this version. my problem is during pre test the amp is ok. it read 1.6 vot at R2 , R4, but when I put the power mosfet the fuse was blow.

anyone can help, I expect that the op is damage. but I dont know on how to check the mosfet.

rlg.:whazzat: :whazzat:

mosfets, gets easily zapped when there is nothing at the gate, i learn'ed that the hard way. make sure gate biasing is ok, and set not to high.

if fuse blows, check the mosfets drain and source, it shuld be a diode forward biased one side and infinitely high reistance at the other side, that is when using your ohmmeter when cheking.

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.