Krell KMA-160 schematic and biasing info needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Krell KMA-160 monoblocks that have been absolutely reliable for me ever since I rebuilt them back around 1999 or 2000 or so. They are the pair that was in a house fire and got put out with the fire, but they weren't burned. I guess 13 years of reliable service since then validates my restoration efforts.

But it's time to think about giving them another 100,000 mile checkup. Maybe it's time to think about changing out some capacitors and rebiasing the amp.

Speaking of rebiasing, frankly I want to try something different. Having these two amps running in my fairly small listening room can get really unpleasant as each one is cranking out a kilowatt of heat apiece whenever they're turned on.

I'd like to rebias them to a substantially cooler setting. Does anyone have the specifics of how this should be done?

For my listening habits, even with my relatively inefficient speakers (Aerial Acoustics 10Ts) I rarely if ever need more than 10 watts per channel. So I'd like to rebias them so they run in Class A only up to somewhere between 10 and 20 watts. I think that would be adequate.

So, does anyone have some biasing data that I could use for this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.