Increasing slew rate and stability

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Out of curiosity I put your circuit in LTspice and the simulated results indicated no stability problems even without the C8. Transient response to square wave did show a gritty falling edge, but easily remedied with a 22-ohm VAS degeneration resistor. SR is good at about 54V/uS.

As shown in the schematic attached I did have an output zobel network and an input LPF. Output stage was biased at 55mA.

Attachments

• FUSION-SCH.png
    FUSION-SCH.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 139
  • FUSION-LOOP-GPH.png
    FUSION-LOOP-GPH.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 125
  • FUSION-SR.png
    FUSION-SR.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Out of curiosity I put your circuit in LTspice and the simulated results indicated no stability even without the C8. Transient response to square wave did show a gritty falling edge, but easily remedied with a 22-ohm VAS degeneration resistor. SR is good at about 54V/uS.

As shown in the schematic attached I did have an output zobel network and an input LPF. Output stage was biased at 55mA.

Can you check with my exact circuit?

Can you check with my exact circuit?

I tried removing the input LPF, output zobel, output incudtor(short circuiting), and the power filters for front end circuit and there wasn't much change to the loop response. Only when the output is completely open circuit, i.e. neither the 8-ohm load nor the zobel is in place, is a "knee" seen on the loop gain curve.

Did you not have a zobel at the output when you did your simulation?

Attachments

• FUSION-no-load.png
    FUSION-no-load.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 90
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.