Baxandall Super Pair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Walt,

If time permits, you also might have a look at my website for more information about the 'Super TIS'.

Cheers,

Edmond.

The double diff pair in itself isn't new, having been used since the late 60's/early 70's. Or ask John Curl. ;) See a summary of some references on it, within my Duncan/Self power amp book review.

Using the B-S circuit as a current mirror also isn't new. See Fig. 3 within reference 11, i.e., "In #11 the Thompson composite complementary pair is used in Figures 3 and 4 as a current mirror employing 2N3904/3906 discrete transistors."

I don't mean to sound critical here, but you asked if I'd seen this circuit. Just pieces, as noted. Overall it looks like a fascinating circuit, but as it seems, validated thus far via SPICE. Is this correct?

Walt Jung

Hi Walt,

You are right, all the pieces, in its own right, aren't new. The only thing that is probably new is the combination (and application) of these pieces, in particular with TMC.

>validated thus far via SPICE
That's correct. At the moment I'm busy with gathering components and PCB artwork. I hope it does work in real life as well.
Thank for comments.

Cheers,
E.

Last edited:
Boxall, Larson, Baxandall-Shallow, and Thompson Constant Current Circuits

Readers should carefully note the correction of the Baxandall-Shallow authors. I am attaching an updated PDF, which corrects post #87, which erroneously refers to them as "Baxandall-Swallow".

I regret any confusion this may have caused.

Walt Jung

Attachments

• Boxall_rev7_Shallow_Corr.pdf
    113.1 KB · Views: 605

Attachments

• Sziklai Straved Circuit Figure_01.gif
    Sziklai Straved Circuit Figure_01.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 968
  • sziklai_cv.pdf
    7.8 KB · Views: 329
  • Sziklai www.tunerlux.com Insida_f^rdig.pdf
    26.3 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.