Just got Plexwriter - some questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally got the Plexwriter Premium drive, and have some questions. First, is there a better way of ripping CDs to wav, besides using the above drive combined with EAC? I am mainly speaking of the Phillips transport I have been seeing on this site. Would it be better for me to get that transport and somehow connect it to the PC for ripping, or is this a stupid idea?

Second question -> I have always knowns that PC power supplies are no good, and have finally heard the effect the other day. So I need some advice on how to implement a top notch PC power supply. I currently have a brand new 400W supply and an older 250W supply, both of whitch I can tweak/rebuild, or I can always start from scratch. Is this the correct forum for this question? Where can I find some info? I am trying to build an ultimate digital source with a LynxTwo reading from a hard drive array (to an outboard DAC). Thank you for your help!

Ooops wrong Forum... meant to post in DIGITAL.

Thanks Mr Pass. I take it you use EAC too. But I did not properly phrase my question. I am wondering if I will get better results using a very good stand alone transport feeding SPDIF signal to my LynxTwo, and recording it in WAV, as apposed to using the Plextor drive and recording with EAC....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.