NAIM NAIT 5 Mod Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, i have a NAIT 5 amplifier and im trying to run this as a pre amp with some meridian power amps that i inherited of my father who passed away 3 weeks ago. but im having a problem, i removed the link and made the appropriate 4 pin din but the naim does not power up. This is because it has a pin that is + voltage., if i was using a NAP150 this would power the pre amp section on the NAIT 5. Any ideas people??

thanks Richard

Joined 2010
Paid Member
You may get the whole Nait, Flatcap PSU, Snaic cables routine that goes with these products at pinkfishmedia forum. Unfortunately, the brand has long been a way to spend a lot of cash on partial solutions to the most fundamental requirements of powering and connecting audio products together. I'm guessing you've already seen the user manual. Check page 8 showing Nait as preamp.
http://www.naimaudio.com/sites/defa...ads/files/old_product_manual_nait5_manual.pdf

Hi all, i have a NAIT 5 amplifier and im trying to run this as a pre amp with some meridian power amps that i inherited of my father who passed away 3 weeks ago. but im having a problem, i removed the link and made the appropriate 4 pin din but the naim does not power up. This is because it has a pin that is + voltage., if i was using a NAP150 this would power the pre amp section on the NAIT 5. Any ideas people??

thanks Richard

Sorry to hear about your father Richard. I hope those Meridian amps will be a good reminder of the good times.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.