4db output from -15db professional audio from user, amplifer help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DRV134 is not easy to UK source in small qty. Use SSM2142 (equivalent). Best price is from Rapid Electronics.
It's really easy to use, just follow the data sheet' application circuit. The power supply requirements are the same.
You'll need an opamp as well if you need gain.

Sorry, I've got no spares of these:)

from one UK broadcast console ;)

omit R85,86
change R99,100 to 10K, R101,102 to 100K for 20dB gain

regards

Attachments

• ne-ssm.jpg
    ne-ssm.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 152
Fantastic - it looks the same as the one on the datasheet except for RP20C/RP20D (tying outputs to earth) On the datasheet it shows pins 6/7 being (+), and pins 1/2 being (-) is this irrelevant?

EDIT - Does the 5532 invert the signal ?

I reckon I'll have this built within a week or so.

Cheers

Rob

dhaen said:
DRV134 is not easy to UK source in small qty. Use SSM2142 (equivalent). Best price is from Rapid Electronics.
It's really easy to use, just follow the data sheet' application circuit. The power supply requirements are the same.
You'll need an opamp as well if you need gain.

Sorry, I've got no spares of these:)

I got my DRV134's recently as a sample from TI. I'm not sure if they will send samples to the UK, but it is worth a try.

Cheers,
Zach

Sorry John -

I should have said pins 8/7, and pins 1/2. On the link you gave me it says that 8&7 are positive output and sense pins, and 1&2 are negative output and sense pins. On the schematic Moamp posted its reversed. Hence why I asked about the previous stage inverting the signal.

Bear with me I'm on a learning curve here:D

Cheers

Rob
from the datasheet:

Attachments

• opamppic.jpg
    opamppic.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 132
hmmmm

i found an old yamaha sound card lying around which works "ok" also a guy in melbourne made me an offer of $75 for a preamp with a couple of inputs, mic inputs, balanced and unbalanced outputs and gain control. SO "if" i get my amp ever working ill look into your desings. Thankyou for your help.
If you could help me fix my amp
search diy audio for "priscared" there will be a few threads about it.
Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.