diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   VSSA Through-Hole Version by Jason (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/250097-vssa-through-hole-version-jason.html)

jkuetemann 3rd January 2014 02:28 AM

VSSA Through-Hole Version by Jason

1 Attachment(s)
I decided to produce a new board, this time for TO-247 devices and include some options on it like CCSs and VBE multiplier for bias control (not thermally linked). The more basic TO-3 version I showed in Shaan's PeeCeeBee thread worked well and I thought I'd update to more typical outputs and show this here.

I will periodically update this post as a reference. I can't manage the attachments so as an alternative I will post links here to the post that contains the relevant information.

-------------------------------

Current issue are Rev'C' boards:

Dimensions are 3" wide by 4" tall.

Bill of Materials, Schematic and Drill Template
Calibration / Set-up
Gerber and Excellon
Graphic set-up sequence
Mouser BOM

still4given 3rd January 2014 04:14 AM

Nice!

jkuetemann 4th January 2014 11:49 PM

Not too sure how long it will be before I see the results, but I 'pulled the trigger' and ordered 20 after final checks were complete. When they arrive I will populate them and test. Here's hoping they are 100% :xfingers:

Lazy Cat 4th January 2014 11:55 PM

Nice PCB, proud you've put my name on silk screen hehe

If it possible take 2 mm FR4, lower Z between the layers ;)

still4given 4th January 2014 11:56 PM

So will you be offering any of those 20 for sale? :D

I have to say that the TO-3 version I got from you sounds every bit as good as the one in this thread. Of course, someone has to be able to find the TO-3 devices. The TO-247's are much easier to acquire. I would be interested in a pair of boards if you are so inclined.

Blessings, Terry

jkuetemann 5th January 2014 12:20 AM

@Terry - Once they are fully proven, then quite likely the surplus will be offered.

@LazyCat - The order is in and they will be on 1.6mm FR4, 1oz copper. And of course you are given credit for the concept, I honestly wouldn't want any one to think it is anything more than my implementation or 'spin' on the basic VSSA.

jkuetemann 5th January 2014 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by still4given (Post 3764754)
So will you be offering any of those 20 for sale? :D

I have to say that the TO-3 version I got from you sounds every bit as good as the one in this thread. Of course, someone has to be able to find the TO-3 devices. The TO-247's are much easier to acquire. I would be interested in a pair of boards if you are so inclined.

Blessings, Terry

How many devices did you recover from that old amplifier you recycled to get the TO-3 transistors? Just curious.

ostripper 5th January 2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Cat (Post 3764753)
Nice PCB, proud you've put my name on silk screen hehe

If it possible take 2 mm FR4, lower Z between the layers ;)

Yes , the VSSA is original .. your name will also go on my VSSA-H IPS.

I HAD to "stroke the cat" for an excellent design. :D

OS

still4given 5th January 2014 01:24 AM

I got 4 pair so I still have two pair for another amp. Looking forward to finding another design to use them in. :D

If I can get a pair of these new boards you have made I want to try them with an SMPS for power.

Lazy Cat 5th January 2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ostripper (Post 3764855)
Yes , the VSSA is original .. your name will also go on my VSSA-H IPS.

I HAD to "stroke the cat" for an excellent design. :D

OS

:blush: