How Much RMS is Ekho RX2000 Power Amplifier ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
It's a DJ amplifier - probably class D. Best to post in that forum for specific comments but the spec of 750W/ 8 ohms is probably correct.

In pro audio applications, competing manufacturers can't afford to lie about power ratings. Car audio is a different matter because what owner/driver is checking his 10,000W power amplifier capability when the alternator can only supply around 800W total. :rolleyes:

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I wasn't endorsing the product, though the price differential to similar equipment that is definitely used now in professional applications is not that great. I think by now we have come to realise just how cheap class D can be when there are no large transformers, smaller electrolytics, tiny fan cooled heatsinks and paper-thin metal case.

Sure, these are cheap and nasty products but measurements recently showed that all of 5 brands of 500-1,000 W amplifiers tried by a local pro. disco operator met their 4 ohm load specs. or close enough.
here's some comparable brands/prices
Ekho RX2000 Power Amplifier 2000W
Power Amps | Gear4music

comparable and comparable. the amps that are near the price range claims 1/10-1/3 of the power. the amp that claims 1/3 of the power is also 40% more expensive ON SALE:) even the cheap crap inuke1000 that claims 1/3 of the power is twice as expensive.

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Something that may not be obvious with this product:
Pro. applications usually demand amplifiers that keep on driving more power into lower and lower loads like 4R, 2R even 1R. This one does not. It looks as though the lowest load it will drive is 4R and power is not increased greatly above the 8R level. Does the PSU limit there at 2 x 1kW or simply die? So no, I would say it isn't in the same power class as the competition it is priced to beat. In fact it is probably specified to look much more powerful at 8R, since that's where most uninformed guys look to see "genuine" power figures.

my bet, it CAN'T deliver with 4ohm speaker. its tested with 4ohm dummy load in magic land.
thats not even close to the real world senario. it will buckle very easy with 4ohm speakers.

in the end, it do not matter if its class A, A/B, D, H, T, or I. you still don't get more then you pay for:)

Last edited:
Hi,

£100 with free delivery ?, it is certainly very cheap.

In fact ridiculously cheap, and perusing the internet
regarding this amplifier smacks of simply agreeing
with the claimed specs to shift very cheap units.

You don't buy a £100 amplifier expecting it to do 2 ohms.
You'll be lucky if it manages 4 ohms, best stick to 8 ohms.

I find the power specs extremely dubious, but that
doesn't mean its a bad amplifier for the money.

Its the sort of thing sold exclusively in PA/DJ/Disco
shops, and for sure its not a "good" amplifier in
any real hifi sense, but then it is very cheap.

Worth a punt ? Possibly.
For a DIYer its a lot of hardware for £100.

Believe the specs - No. Not at all.

rgds, sreten.

You want an under the lid technical description
to outline what it really can do real world.

Last edited:
"I have seen people buying this model just as a container in order to put a real DIY amp inside."

I did that with a Pyle Pro PTA1400 1400 Watts Professional Power Amplifier.
It comes with a 200VA toroid with a secondary wound with 20awg wire 43-0-43 and the amp moduals have 2 c5198/a1941 each and is "suppose" to do 750watt into 2R 1400 into 4R bridged. Good thing I payed $88 for it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.