Carver PM-2.0T (PT-1250)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone;

I picked up a Carver PM-2.0T at the thrift store for 30 USD. It powers on and runs good. However, The Power supply has a Mid-High pitch noise (almost like SMPS noise) to it. Its not that loud. Just a hair louder than the fans. But I was just wondering if this is normal or if I should check and service the power supply. I do have the service manual on this unit. However, those of you that have serviced these know how much of a pain it is to tear into the power supply module.... Also is there anything else to check on these before I put this unit into service other than the power supply issue. The Outputs are free of DC and the o-scope shows clean output across the board from no volume all the way up to full. I just do not want to cause any long term expensive damage to the amp. Being that this is a thrift store find who knows how long it has been run with the noise coming from the power supply module.

Thank-you
Adam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.