tape out line level modification??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am attempting to intergrate an active sub with an intergrated stereo amp. The amp is a Denon pma 250se which is driving a pair of Goodman magnum ks.

The problem I'm faced with is the amp only has tape rec out which is a line level output and will leave me have to adjust the subs volume every use.

So my goal would be to modify the tape out line in a way that makes it post volume.

Any ideas on how to do this or if you are aware of other threads already covering this mod please let me know.

By the way, using high level inputs for this set up is not an option.

Thanks in advance!

Without a schematic, we can't tell you exactly what to tap. Quite do-able but you may need to add a buffer. I loved it in the god old days when they had a pre-out/Main in jumper. Bummer a Denon integrated amp of that vintage did not have them. I am surprised.

Now, you have not dealt with the crossover problem. Sure your sub may have a LP filter, but you have no crossover on the mains. You really need to break between the preamp and amp to insert an "external processing loop" as they used to call them so you can put in a real crossover.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.