Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

A full documentation is not dismissed at all but I'd use a different approach:
As I see the best method is to start with something very simple which is already usefull and then fatten it
later based on others need instead of creating something big at the start without having the real need.
Similar like a tight feedback when creating a small output "product" based on the input + quick FB... :D
As a personal example: now I'd like to try out some CFA topolgy. I found 2 mainstreams here now: the VSSA
and some of the SlewMaster IPSs. I saw there is at least 4 SM CFA topolgy but I just simply cannot decide
because it's almost impossible to know which one to choose even if I read tons of pages in this thread...
I dont know why they are built which one is the "best" if there is any strict order in performance at all.
If a simple (real VSSA from LC) can sound great why to try a much complex one like spooky, Krypton.ND, etc...
Therefore the results/conclusion part would be the main point with this comparison to help position a given IPS.
So for me (and hopefully for many others) it'd be great to have a similar comparison as a quick start guide.
And then we could maintain and enrich this material from step by step to create a complete documentation.
Do you agree?

Last edited:
I was looking about the Wolverine IPS and man JK did a nice one even with Wolverine character how cool is that wow ! :)

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• wolverine by JK art work.jpg
    wolverine by JK art work.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 588
OS some day when you have some time, a full and complete diagram of your amp as it sits now would be very instructional to all here...I wish you had a 3D copying machine for it.

I'm at 3 months now - maybe after 6 (july - 100F) .. I'll know the full story...
after running the "snot" out of it.

Why do you ask? Was the photo good ? The amp is a little "cramped" ,
but I don't think I've hit 40C inside yet with 30C ambient.

Environmental testing will determine whether this will last for decades ,
or whether it is just a "project".

The 5 pair OPS could be tweaked to physically spread the pairs out along
the whole 10" of the OPS PCB. While not a major issue , I want to bring
the slew in line with the parasounds and pass's ... :D

OS

I was looking about the Wolverine IPS and man JK did a nice one even with Wolverine character how cool is that wow ! :)

Regards
Juan

hello I spend some time and decide to make re-draw of OS Wolverine IPS board
just to make it fancy I'm not done yet I have to make sure is correct :)

hey jkuetemann I hope you don't mind if I use your art work Wolverine
I love it !

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• The Wolverine  grey.jpg
    The Wolverine grey.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 404
  • The Wolverine copper.jpg
    The Wolverine copper.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 369
hello I spend some time and decide to make re-draw of OS Wolverine IPS board
just to make it fancy I'm not done yet I have to make sure is correct :)

hey jkuetemann I hope you don't mind if I use your art work Wolverine
I love it !

Regards
Juan

No bother to me brother, I just traced the image from internet line art and edited that to suit my needs.

JK , could you post the 5 pair OPS ? I want to "spread it out" thermally.

I will keep it compatible with existing ones while allowing for 5 pair MT-200/to-3p.
That's a lot o' BJT !!! 1/2KW slewmasters will be here !!

OS

Did you not get the file via e-mail I sent you a while back? I sent you some electronic 'goods', including my Sprint file among a few other things.