Balanced Mic Preamp, Transistors...and Studio Equipment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm planning to build my own studio equipment. Well, it's "just" gonna be a small homestudio. Now I'm looking for ideas and schematics for studio equipment... and I haven't found much yet, except for old stuff (using transformers and tubes...what I don't wanna use. not yet.). I also found Rane. But I'd be really happy about more input.

At the moment I'd probably choose this as mic preamp:
http://sound.westhost.com/project66.htm
Or a INA217 solution... I'm gonna experiment with both.

But I have some questions concerning the project66 experiment:
- Which transistors should I use for this project ? As you can see the the original parts can probably be replaced with better parts (TL071 should be replaced, too).
Should I use MAT03 transistors ? I don't know if it's worth the corst. What other transistors could you recommend for this project ?

If you have some other suggestion how to improve the circuit...I'd be happy about any comment

Thanks ! :)

iCebReakEr409 said:
But I have some questions concerning the project66 experiment:
- Which transistors should I use for this project ?

Hi,

some professional consoles use this combinations:
2SB737/2SC2603/NE5534
2SD786/MC33078
BC550C/BC560C/NE5534/TL071
etc.

The best sound for me has preamp with up-transformer (1:10 or 1:15) and tube or discrete solid state amp.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.