Mark Levinson ML1 line module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The (Coelangelo-designed) line driver and the phono preamp modules in the ML-1 were similar but for different gain and HF compensation. Haven't been available for years. The schematic for one of them is attached.

Lots of stuff in a VERY small footprint. Apparently, dissipating heat was a problem.

If you look at the pinouts, they used one of two "standard" configurations for encapsulated op amps made from discrete components, that various suppliers to the professional music industry used in 70's era mixer consoles. Some of these are still available as kits - suggest doing a search on "discrete op amp kits". The JC-1 design was different but if you can find or build one of their "replacement" modules it should work.

Charles

Attachments

• ML-5 Amplifier module sche.pdf
    183.5 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:
The (Coelangelo-designed) line driver and the phono preamp modules in the ML-1 were similar but for different gain and HF compensation. ...

The ML-5 amp module you posted maybe was designed by Tom Colangelo, but the line
module for the ML-1 was designed by John Curl and uses a different circuit.

Modular stereo preamplifier JC-2 kit premium parts ultimate performance !I found this on ebay is this kit will work to replaced my ml1 line amp module? please need advice.Thanks

It will not fit because they use another pinout. If you want to build a replacement module,
then have a look here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/10160-need-build-jc-2-preamp-4.html#post2092626

Last edited:
Its been a while but i really love this preamp module from Japan now i am in a process of getting a turntable i really never had one yet but a friend metion if i want a mc or mm preamp and how do i know what kind of phono preamp i have installed on my ml-1? any advice thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.