Yamaha AX-550RS - toasted fuse reistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
G'day to all,

I was given back an Yamaha AX-550RS amp that I sold to a guy in February of this year.

The guy bought a new amp and wanted to through this away. So I intervened. Took it home. :rolleyes:

The problem is that "it smoked and stopped functioning", according to him. At home I open it and saw two green resistors (near the white resistors) toasted.

Bias issue? Drivers short? He said that used to play it VERY LOUD FOR MANY HOURS using a set of 8 speakers connected I don't know how! :confused:

Anyway, pictures below:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The resistors were originally green coloured like these ones:

Is it just an fuse resistors issue? :scratch2:

KARL ...
the input you give is too low state the part number i will check with my data base and according to schematic and let you know what have i recorded from previous repairs on this model .

Kind regards
sakis

Thanks Sakis!

I suspect that the previous owner put more speakers in parallel (8 speakers he said) lowering the impedance to less than 8 ohms, or even less than 4 ohms, I don't know. He used to play the amp very loud for many hours!! :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.