What do You think about this amp 3000w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes You are right that chinese amps have fake parts but I want to put original parts instead of fake :D

And even if you do , you will realistically still just have a poorly
designed 500w "firebomb" amp (drivers will go first at low R).

Also consider that they put the input/driver board right on top
of the high current OP board , just asking for instability/bad performance.

OS

Hi Mike take a look at this page it says 1600RMS

NEW Extreme Power 18" Subwoofer Speaker...

It says RMS on the catalog page, but click on the details it says 1600 W AES, probably more accurate. The truth is in the performance. Thermal power limit is not necessarily the same as the excursion limited power limit. I modeled it in WinISD pro, and got some strange results. Using QB3 tuning, it seems to want a 2.75 cubic foot box tuned to 43 Hz. That means your bassist will not be happy with his E string rolled off 3dB.

I was surprised as Michael Bean will be that the driver could handle 1600W in this box without exceeding Xmax down to 30 Hz, and its mechanical limits to 22Hz. Of course if your bassist wants to hear himself playing a 5 string he will put in enough boost to tear the driver apart if your average power hits 1600W.

But, netiks, Michael Bean's point was that MOST drivers that reach deep are heavy and require huge cabinets. You have provided one example that works in the PA world as a "subwoofer", but it does not negate the premise that most suitable drivers are heavier. We have no information about how cleanly it handles its duties and 43 Hz in home use is hardly subwoofer territory.

:soapbox: Others have danced around the topic, but I will hit it head on: If you use your multikilowatt amps for more than bragging rights, think about your hearing long term. You love music, don't you want to be able to hear it into your 50s? Consider that OSHA cares nothing about music, just general function and have a look at the exposure duration that they find acceptable https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_id=9735&p_table=STANDARDS That's one reason that many people think 50W for the main speakers is more than enough for home use.

Others have danced around the topic, but I will hit it head on: If you use your multikilowatt amps for more than bragging rights, think about your hearing long term. You love music, don't you want to be able to hear it into your 50s? Consider that OSHA cares nothing about music, just general function and have a look at the exposure duration that they find acceptable https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owa...able=STANDARDS That's one reason that many people think 50W for the main speakers is more than enough for home use.
Thanks Bob, I couldn't have said it better myself. This trend of ever increasing power and and loudness is not only killing the music, it's destroying peoples hearing. It's got to stop.

Mike

This trend of ever increasing power and and loudness is not only killing the music, it's destroying peoples hearing. It's got to stop.

Mike

So You Are Saying all the DJ's lost their hearing?
They are mixing with speakers behind the multi kilowat speakers
You definitely dont wanna go to the club Government in Toronto on the first floor techno music is so loud that after spending one hour inside the club your ears will ring for a week :D I have been there couple of times and the bass is so loud that it hurts :D

Last edited:
Ah, this is what they call "wall heating", right? :D

Why not? it's a good efficient way of heating your home. Get the sound and some free heat thrown in for good measure.

Imagine calling up the, electricity supplier.

You - "err I need a bigger supply"
Electricity Board - "Why's that sir?"
Electricity Board - "100 Amps single phase is no longer enough for my audio system"

I agree with the previous comments regarding the ever increasing loudness of music. The only style of music where excessive compression works is EDM.

Also, agree with hearing protection while out clubbing. I use cut down ear plugs. No one can see them and it cuts the music enough so it doesn't do any damage but you can still appreciate it. Full length ear plugs cut out too much volume.

Also, agree with hearing protection while out clubbing. I use cut down ear plugs. No one can see them and it cuts the music enough so it doesn't do any damage but you can still appreciate it. Full length ear plugs cut out too much volume.

Things have changed over the years with rules concerning power output to the public in the UK.

I went to see the band Status Quo in 1977 before regs came in and I couldn't hear for 3 days afterwards.

I went to see them again in 2004 and the levels were much lower.

A lot of DJ's now complain about music limiters in clubs when if they go too loud the mains is removed from the stage.

Things have changed over the years with rules concerning power output to the public in the UK.

I went to see the band Status Quo in 1977 before regs came in and I couldn't hear for 3 days afterwards.

I went to see them again in 2004 and the levels were much lower.

A lot of DJ's now complain about music limiters in clubs when if they go too loud the mains is removed from the stage.

The loudest music I have ever heard was Metallica at the NEC in 1996. It was so loud I had to put my fingers in my ears. According to Kerrang the lowest level was 98dB. That was the point I decided ear plugs were the way forward.

"100 Amps single phase is no longer enough for my audio system"

In fact 100A I could go with (per channel). 230VAC mains directly rectified and buffered is good for around 13kW RMS into 4R (and nearly the same dissipation... erm... heating). This will get your living room rather warm even in cold winter days and you don't have to care about a transformer's inrush current...

I would like to consider another point: music reproduction should be as original as it can be. But even large orchester ensembles cannot play as loud as some guys seem to want to hear it. The fact that a digitally created artificial synthesizer tone by nature has no acoustical SPL is no reason for playing it at 150dB+...

I agree, higher listening levels are fun and I myself like it, too. But there need to be limits - for the ears as well as for your environment.

100V supplies rails can provide 500W per 8R, 800W ~ 900W/4R and >1300W/2R.
You'll need many hi-power trans wide SOA, like ON-Semi MJL/MJW2119x.
Ex: Mackie M2600 with 8 pars MJL21193/MJL21194 using 100V for output board, 110VDC for front-end, they're rated 500W/8R per channel.

Class AB not efficient for higher 500W/8R, Class H, G & TD will do.

Attachments

• Lab.Gruppen-A70TD05.pdf
    142.2 KB · Views: 108
100V supplies rails can provide 500W per 8R, 800W ~ 900W/4R and >1300W/2R.
You'll need many hi-power trans wide SOA, like ON-Semi MJL/MJW2119x.
Ex: Mackie M2600 with 8 pars MJL21193/MJL21194 using 100V for output board, 110VDC for front-end, they're rated 500W/8R per channel.

Class AB not efficient for higher 500W/8R, Class H, G & TD will do.

And those Mackie's use a REAL high current driver stage with TO-3P/TO-264
to drive those 8 pairs 21193/4's , as well.
I use a pair of TO-3P as the drivers for my EF-3 to run just 3 pair 21193/4 OP's
.... it will last 20 years.. :D

The kit shown in this thread is a far cry from even the most basic OEM
equivalent.

OS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.