What do You think about this amp 3000w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this amp

sorry for not uploading pictures first time

Attachments

• 3000w 4ohm board.jpg
    3000w 4ohm board.jpg
    537.4 KB · Views: 461
  • 3000w 4ohm.jpg
    3000w 4ohm.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 431
Why do you need 3000 watts and where would you plug it in?

Mike

Hi Mike I would probably plug it in the wall outlet :) and big speaker/speakers ;)

If You think about power consumption Im from Europe so 240V power outlet 12 amps would be enough power but in the US 110 28amps to many amps draw

If You think thats too much power I installed 2x2000w rms amplifiers in my car :)

Im looking if anyone have pcb layout and schematics of this amp?
I saw it on Aliexpress but they ask 85$ FOR PCB only OUCH :cheeky:
Thanks

Last edited:
There are watt ratings and there are other watt ratings. For one thing some car amps use 1 ohm speakers because the rail voltage is so low, 12 VDC. For speakers that make music that can sound like wooden instruments sometimes, the rating is more often 4 ohms or 8 ohms. Then there is the time the 3000 watts can be produced.
I'd like to see your 2000 w RMS car amp run into some resistors for acouple of hours and measure the heat sink temperature.
By contrast, PA amps from Peavey, Crown, QSC, will deliver the advertised watts, usually into 4 ohms, all night and tomorrow, too.
This amp has enough output pairs to be interesting, but without schematics or heat sink design, no opinion. The heatsink and fan design has a lot to do with long term power rating.

amp

this is one of my car amps 2000rms class D mono 1ohm stable
uploded picture

Yes I would like to see schematics and pcb layout too of that chinese amplifier with 28 output transistors i think it would run cool on 1500rms at 8 ohm it has ic ne5532

If anyone has Cirucit and pcb layout please upload
thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 383
I guess I understand what you saying indianajo, but the rail voltages in a car amp is Not 12V.
Many car amps are not rated in rms, but it's undeniable that good car amps are extremely powerful,
And many installations are so powerful that it's unhealthy to listen to them at full volume in the car.

Well, switch mode and Class H amplification can be quite powerful in a small package, but don't use them around AM radio or magnetic phono cartridge and expect to hear anything, IMHO.
I stopped going to the store when car amps dominated the industry. The sounds in the demo rooms of Circuit City and best buy were so bad . . . . No wonder the singers these days use vodos to make their voices sound like beepers; a whole generation was conditioned to think that was the way to sound.
A class AB amp is a whole different ball game; it will use twice the power out of the supply that it puts out into the speaker. PA speakers that can handle 1500 w RMS tend to be multiple driver arrays that weigh a ton and take a forklift to move, or have liquid cooling or huge heat fins.

PA speakers that can handle 1500 w RMS tend to be multiple driver arrays that weigh a ton and take a forklift to move, or have liquid cooling or huge heat fins.

Are You shure did you hear of NEODYMIUM MAGNET

Check this out 18inch speaker 8 ohm 1600RMS NEODYMIUM MAGNET 12.2kg :) forklift to move,, liquid cooling ,,, :)

Faital Pro 18XL1600 18" High Power Subwoofer Speakers - Faital Pro 18XL1600 18" for ported bass reflex subwoofer speaker cabinets. Lightweight neodymium magnet - Faital Pro 18XL1600 3200 watt high efficiency woofer with a high 98dB SPL for all high p

Last edited:
-Looks like the PCB output bus is using (very few)through-holes to pass the
supposed 3000w.. :rolleyes:
-No rail bars for high current (below) - that is ONLY a 300/600W amp from
6 moons audio !
-The njw's would have a hard time with SOA at sufficient voltage to
produce 3K watts.
No local decoupling at OP pairs /weak driver stage.
-Another ill-designed ebay "firebomb" amp ...

OS

Attachments

• rail bar.jpg
    rail bar.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 223
A good topic to start a cold and rainy sunday with :D

If You think about power consumption Im from Europe so 240V power outlet 12 amps would be enough power

230V mains fused by 16A (common standard in EU) gives you a theoretically max. of 3.680W. The boards shown are obviously a class A/B design, which means you would suck approx. 7kW out of your outlet, which definitely would blow the fuse. Even targeting half the power would need sophisticated cooling and a very proper slow-start to handle the inrush current of a monster toroid.

More than ~1500W RMS is practically not doable with a conventional class A/B design and standard mains. PA amps driving stadium-ready speakers are Class H (or D), are driven from 3-phase mains and they do have a very good controlled active cooling.

I'm not gonna discuss 2x2kW in the car now, at least not for RMS, since this would suck 300A+ out of your 12V battery, not considering any losses...

BR,
Holgi

AES power rating uses pink noise that is band limited between 180Hz and 8kHz
I'm thinking that 1600 watts at it's stated fs of 30Hz would tear it apart.

Mike

Hi Mike take a look at this page it says 1600RMS

NEW Extreme Power 18" Subwoofer Speaker
4 or 8 Ohms
30Hz-1.5kHz
1,600 Watts RMS
3,200 Watts Program
High 98dB SPL
Very High 13.0mm Xmax For A Clean Strong Bass Sound
Maximum Excursion +/-28.0mm
Designed For Bass Reflex Front Loaded or Folded Horn Cabinets
Nomex Strengthened Surround
Weighs 26.9lbs.

US SPEAKER - 18" Speakers - 18" speakers by Eminence Speaker, 21" woofers, JBL, EV, RCF, Beyma, Peavey, Celestion, P.Audio, Ampeg, Crate, Jensen, Fane and Pyle. 18" bass speakers & 21" bass speakers. Find the right 18" woofer here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.