Lme49810 with 2SC3263 & 2SA1294 output HELP!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to All!!!

I have: lme49810
Pre drivers 2sc2705,2sa1145
Drivers 2sc3423,2sa1360
Output trans are 2SC3263 & 2SA1294

Bias tran is 2sc3419.

Here is my test schematic.Power Deoucupling inputs and other elements i will add later.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Would this Topology work?Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
10R base stoppers for the output transistors are probably excessive. 3.3-5.6R range values should be adequate even with these LAPTs, assuming no other sources of instability. I'm not sure the 0R1 emitter resistors were wise for a triple if that is what you intended. This will probably depend on a few factors like heatsink and thermal comp. performance too.

Take a look at the Elektor Q-watt article, as a guide. It is free so why not.
Q-Watt Audio Power Amplifier - ELEKTOR.com | Electronics: Microcontrollers Embedded Audio Digital Analogue Test Measurement
LME49811 seems to be slightly better performer than LME49810 but does not contain the clip flag and baker clamp.
My recommendation is to make the design able to use both of these parts and evaluate
I was wondering what would the best way to make 2 pairs of outputs bjt's using LME49811
Funny how the 49810 has twice the amount of distortion and more slew rate than 49810, any ideas as to why?

It is impossible to hear a difference between 810,811 and 830. If one can hear a difference, it is because of something else in the circuitry, not because of the chip.
With identical output stages, they will sound identical.
IMHO.

Choose the chip according to your needs, for example:
Very High Power ClassAB BJT output stage; -810
"Low"Power/ClassA; definitely -811
Mosfets; -830

The best of the best of the best is however, -811

It is impossible to hear a difference between 810,811 and 830. If one can hear a difference, it is because of something else in the circuitry, not because of the chip.
With identical output stages, they will sound identical.
IMHO.

Choose the chip according to your needs, for example:
Very High Power ClassAB BJT output stage; -810
"Low"Power/ClassA; definitely -811
Mosfets; -830

The best of the best of the best is however, -811

Even with different output stages unless someone does something mental with them the distortions too low - you can't hear amplifiers over speakers.

The MJE and the 243/4 are both greater than 4A continuous Id. Suitable for very high output current into low impedance loads.
The MJE is also very high Vceo.

Have a look at 2sb649/d669 which would make very good drivers if they were not obsolete.

Try to find other drivers that approach those 649/669 parameters. Particularly fT and SOAR.

Check that Vceo is >=110% of rail to rail voltage.
Check SOAR @ Vce = rail voltage. This is (roughly) the region where the current limit is first exceeded when driving a reactive speaker.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.