Lme49810 with 2SC3263 & 2SA1294 output HELP!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
35Vac will give ~+-50Vdc when the amp is idling
This will sag to ~+-46Vdc when delivering full power.
That will usually get 100W to 120W of maximum sinewave power into 8r0 dummy test load.

+-47Vdc seems about right for the fully loaded condition while delivering 120W into 8r0.

I get only 93W to 8ohm from 46V rails???
And -4V off, 49810 not able to deliver rail to rail output, I get only 78W???
Maybe something wrong with my calculations, need to check them...

Edit:
Yes, Andrew is right (as always)...
With 46V rails you will get 102.5W
And with 50V rails you will get the required 123.8W

Sorry, completely misscalculated everything first...

Last edited:
Maybe something wrong with my calculations, need to check them...
Or methods/instrumentation?
Monitor DC supply(droop) with a DMM and a scope.
Monitor AC o/p with a DMM and a scope.
See where the amp clips, what clips, how it clips, the LME49810 or the bjts.
I(other's) design PA's with a separate PS for the fornt-end (LME) and the o/p bjt's. Having a variable supply for the
fornt-end gives you more headroom(important for MOSFET's) and control of drive strength, where the amp clips.
Having a separate PS for the fornt-end (LME) while you are developing , with I current limited, helps too. The 49810 has the baker clamp!!
I have not done enough testing on the LME yet, but you have to determine what do you want to clip first, the LME or the o/p's. For MOSFET's(Lateral) I would think that you want the FET's to clip first due their soft saturation(tube) like characteristics..
For bjt o/p, I/you need to test/listen.
I posted a front-end PS at,
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/powe...-high-v-tracking-linear-regulator-review.html
Warning it is only simulated, not fab'd or fully tested but is based on Pioneer/Sansui designs, using new available parts.

Cheers
Rick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.