Dx Juan layouts ideas PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rail bar

Attachments

• slewmonster.JPG
    slewmonster.JPG
    488.3 KB · Views: 601

Yes Ranchu nice idea I was reading the thread of OS
"SLEWMASTER" - EF3" and is a lot of material to cover and read and I might incorporate the design style to the one I'm making,

I see what you mean about the rail reinforce for better current handling I have seen that before in high power amplifiers specially car audio amplifiers :)

Juan

Attachments

• SLEWMASTER - EF3 2.jpg
    SLEWMASTER - EF3 2.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 583
  • jhjhghjghj.JPG
    jhjhghjghj.JPG
    352.6 KB · Views: 526
Juan, you can share your own pcboards layout, gerbers or anything you want

BUT, because i have designed the circuit i want to protect myself against human failures...so...sharing, you should inform if board was manufactured, if was assembled to test or not.

I mean, if someone is interested in your version of the MKIII or something alike you should do it...but...if not assembled and tested tell the guy that was not tested..that something wrong can happen because pcboard not assembled and tested and inspected using scope, reactive loads, complex loads..... we must be careful with that.

Also, if you decide to share Dx Super A pcboard or Dx Supply to one or two you can do it if you trust the guy will not spread to the whole world the gerbers or will produce to sell in Ebay or something alike....if we know the man along these last 10 years i do think we can think about.

If someone needs to make to some friends, his own group, or to sell by a price that do not compete with yours as you have some samples not sold..they you can be free to share.

As i am saying, dear Juan, two problems can happens.... someone to capture gerbers and layout and put the stuff in Ebay or start to sell by the same price as you and these few remained pcboards you have gonna be collecting dust in out home...and it gonna be good for you to sell them to have your money applied back to your pockets.

If you do not know the guy...then it is better to deny...but there are few guys in this forum that deserves some trust..... my vote is...you decide.

Never give gerbers into the forum...there are watchers waiting this to start production..this happened with many guys..this is the place pirates use to steal designs....i did it in the past and i have regretted....some amplifiers appeared in Ebay using another brand name.

Naturally if you already sold all you pcboards..then the problem becomes even smaller.

I remember i have asked you not to share..but i want to set you free to re evaluate things in accordance with your needs/feelings and senses.... be very rigid, as we both know how hard was the work to produce these sets..we cannot let bad guys or people we do not know to have them.

I am already thinking to share a small version (modified a lot) from the Dx5000 to the community....needing a layout designer but this time I will not intrude on the layout ... i am too much busy to do that.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I see what you mean dear Carlos I think I should first test it before sharing oh yes about sharing the files I know who exactly I can share

I love this sentence you wrote:

"I am already thinking to share a small version (modified a lot) from the Dx5000 to the community....needing a layout designer but this time I will not intrude on the layout ... i am too much busy to do that."

do not mind about layout you did a lot man lol

I just have fun and I'm actually having fun doing it not for business or profit I'm honest here.

just we keep having fun that all ! :D

Regards
Juan

Yep..sending you email..some ideas to allow Dx Blame ST builders

Dx Super A builders and other 40 plus 40 volts supply builders, to use the material they already have to new powerfull amplifier...also studying pcboard size to allow MKIII people to install these pcboards inside their own enclosure.]

These are some community concern I have at the moment.

Sorry to bother your lovely thread.

Message in your inbox Juan.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Using two power transformers.jpg
    Using two power transformers.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 408
I see what you mean dear Carlos I think I should first test it before sharing oh yes about sharing the files I know who exactly I can share

I love this sentence you wrote:

"I am already thinking to share a small version (modified a lot) from the Dx5000 to the community....needing a layout designer but this time I will not intrude on the layout ... i am too much busy to do that."

do not mind about layout you did a lot man lol

I just have fun and I'm actually having fun doing it not for business or profit I'm honest here.

just we keep having fun that all ! :D

Regards
Juan

Amplify what the DX5000 is, Please...

A secret power amplifier that i use to sell assembled.

I am thinking to produce a smaller unit.... a more simple unit...a more cheap unit, a lower power unit...maybe 500 watts RMS at 8 ohms...to share.

Dx 5000 goes to 5000 watts RMS at 1.3 ohms.

Well...this gonna be (maybe) another thread (thinking about)

A cousin of this one(maybe...i am thinking about) you can see in my signature line...click the link and watch the video please.... sorry...Portuguese...but electronic guys can understand..do not need language to understand the stuff

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Here is another practice PCB and for the first time I use the top copper area of the board I'm not really use to make it that way, but I guess is ok I have the idea from mister OS "SLEWMASTER" layout style so I incorporate to see how it looks on Dx Super A I will continue to see if I can fix some other stuff :)

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A  23 small pic.jpg
    Dx Super A 23 small pic.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Dx Super A  22 small pic.jpg
    Dx Super A 22 small pic.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 262
  • Dx Super A  21 small pic.jpg
    Dx Super A 21 small pic.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 385
Yes Ranchu nice idea I was reading the thread of OS
"SLEWMASTER" - EF3" and is a lot of material to cover and read and I might incorporate the design style to the one I'm making,

I see what you mean about the rail reinforce for better current handling I have seen that before in high power amplifiers specially car audio amplifiers :)

Juan

If you send the boards to manufacture ... just use 6mm tracks double sided with
"throughholes" (join the 2 sides). 12mm (both traces) of 2 oz. copper can handle 20A all day :) . (below example)

PS - alex's 20 output "super amp" .... that many devices - that close together...
might be a problem. Use an OEM pro amp as a reference ... they will space
> 16+ output devices across a 12 - 18" fan cooled heatsink. (NO "hotspot").

OS

Attachments

• buss.jpg
    buss.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 410
6 mm track cool cool, I will keep that in mind, good idea side top and bottom join by holes pads, wow 20A! that is serious business current right there jejejejeje:p

I was checking the track with 6 mm and it can handle 18.5A according to the software holy smoky man !

thanks OS :)

Juan

Attachments

• 6mm track.PNG
    6mm track.PNG
    99.3 KB · Views: 216
6 mm track cool cool, I will keep that in mind, good idea side top and bottom join by holes pads, wow 20A! that is serious business current right there jejejejeje:p

I was checking the track with 6 mm and it can handle 18.5A according to the software holy smoky man !

thanks OS :)

Juan

Here's the link .... The CircuitCalculator.com Blog PCB Trace Width Calculator

There is the little issue of heat ! 20A with combined 12mm 2 oz. width (s)
will raise the trace temperature 12C above ambient.

Also - the "Vias" (through holes) ... have a rating ... The CircuitCalculator.com Blog PCB Via Calculator

Example - a 1mm plated hole has @ a 4A rating

PS - using the calculators , you can EVEN predict the inductance of the traces to "plug" into a
simulation... To see how the layout would actually respond to that much current.
OS

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.