B&K EX-442 Mods?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just obtained a B&K EX-442 from fleabay, and would like to mod it a bit for a sweeter top end (once the tobacco smell subsides! SHEESH! There should be a checkbox for those who wish to avoid these! It stinks!)

I've seen different mod companies out there, but if it's just caps, a few high end rectifiers, diodes and resistors, then why not just do it myself? I figure to replace all the electrolytics with Silmic IIs. Not sure if the main filter caps need replacement or not. The bottom end is pretty good as it stands.

The thing is - which resistors, rectifiers, diodes, etc should be replaced?

Anyone out there who has upgraded their B&K EX-442 and can advise about this? Or have a schematic to share?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Schematic at hifiengine.com

Last edited:
EX-442 Schematic Questions

Found the schematic, from hifiengine of all places. Unfortunately it's too big to attach. On page 3/4 it says that the EX-442 and the M200 are the same except for one of the driver boards and how it's strapped in parallel. Not exactly sure what it means.

I have both amps, and am now wondering if it would be prudent and wise to try to convert the EX-442 into an M200, since I've heard how the M200 is one of the very best of the early B&K offerings. Or maybe leave well enough alone...:eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.