200W MOSFET CFA amp

As I said, not everything is in one place.
It is a suggestion to Dadod too:
One web page with schematics (and prices), LTSPICE models, BOM (with sources), recommendations (quiescent current tuning, minimal cooler's value etc.) and photos of builds, plus a complete set of measurements, wave forms etc.

Dadod, if you need help to write the web page, I'm your man.

I want first to see how many boards and what is going to be production cost, the I will do instruction, BOM and edit first page.
The are only very small changes in the schematic as reflection from 100W version where is no changes at all.

Dadod
Are really low threshold voltage V-FET pairs much cheaper than laterals? My point is still valid, a parts cost estimate will help people decide if they want to build this amp. I'm waiting for this information to decide and I suspect I'm not alone in this.

I will make BOM, but I am not going to make a parts cost estimate. This is DIY not commercial amp. As an example, I will define 0.6 1% metal film resistor, but not what production should be, that is up to one how much to spend for parts.

Who said low threshold voltage V-FET, IRFP240 is not of that kind and yes it's much cheaper.

Last edited:
I want first to see how many boards and what is going to be production cost, the I will do instruction, BOM and edit first page.
What I said was just a proposal to help-you to increase and accelerate your group buy and improve the success of your impressive work.
To decide myself, and just for myself, to be one of your "customers" need too much work for my laziness: How to order something if we have no idea of the final cost. And it is a fuul work. But i could work on it if it could helps others.
May-be too I could prefer a SMD version of the board (apart some critical components).

What I said was just a proposal to help-you to increase and accelerate your group buy and improve the success of your impressive work.
To decide myself, and just for myself, to be one of your "customers" need too much work for my laziness: How to order something if we have no idea of the final cost. And it is a fuul work. But i could work on it if it could helps others.
May-be too I could prefer a SMD version of the board (apart some critical components).

Thank you for the offer, but I prefer to have control over this group buy and to stay in this thread not to open new one. There was a group buy for the 100W version before and a lot of useful information can be find here as those two amps differ just in output power.
This is DIY not the rocket science.:D
BR Damir

This is the layout.

Attachments

• 200W CFA 1.3.2 photo-s.jpg
    200W CFA 1.3.2 photo-s.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 691
Last edited:
And this is the BOM.

As I can order quantity in steps of 5, and there is 14 interested, I will risk and order 20 pcs.
I will offer the main board and small feedback board for 46 EUR each plus shipping if this is OK.

No comment about price. I really want know if it's OK otherwise I will not order the boards.

200W CFA:
mlloyd1 4 boards
AVWERK 2 boards
trebolo 4 boards
Lbud4 2 boards

BR Damir

Dear Damir.

46 EUR per board incl. shipping looks expensive for a group buy. Have you tried this: e.g. pcbway delivers 10 pcs 200x100mm, 2 sided boards 70µm copper for 73 $ excluding shipping, 25 pcs for 122 $...

BR, Toni

Hi Toni,
Thank you for this clarification.
This is my design, not typical group buy. It includes amp design, the layout development, testing and it's only way I can get some money to proceed with this hobby. Everybody can decides for himself I don't push anybody to buy.
BR Damir

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hi Toni,
Thank you for this clarification.
This is my design, not typical group buy. It includes amp design, the layout development, testing and it's only way I can get some money to proceed with this hobby. Everybody can decides for himself I don't push anybody to buy.
BR Damir

Sorry - just for clarification - I only wanted to show you one example of an alternative pcb producer. I didn't know that you need to sell your pcbs on a commercial basis...
It is still very fine that you keep your design open for DIY :) so everybody can decide himself if he wants to buy your pcb or designs his own.

Have fun,

Toni