• GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-clipping.jpg
    GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-clipping.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 693
  • GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-1W1kHz-FFT.jpg
    GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-1W1kHz-FFT.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 645
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
The ear, as we all know, is most sensitive in the freq range of approx 3-5KHz. So for listening, that is the range you need max PSRR as a minimum range. [ignoring hum/ps ripple/ cm noise issues]. #144 would be OK at 100dB or more. What comes into play that reduces the PSRR below 1Khz? Would a simple, well placed R increase it at lower freqs?

Thx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
The ear, as we all know, is most sensitive in the freq range of approx 3-5KHz. So for listening, that is the range you need max PSRR as a minimum range. [ignoring hum/ps ripple/ cm noise issues]. #144 would be OK at 100dB or more. What comes into play that reduces the PSRR below 1Khz? Would a simple, well placed R increase it at lower freqs?

Thx-RNMarsh

This is if I replace 10 ohm resistors in power filter for the front end with simple cap multipliers.
BR Damir

Attachments

• GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-PSRR-cmult.jpg
    GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-PSRR-cmult.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 526
Nobody asked me about the compensation I used in this CFA amp, so I decided to explain why I did it in that way.

First I wanted to include lateral OPS in to compensation as per Cherry and this is first picture how it was connected and the loop gain I’ve got from it. Overall distortion was much lower this way than if the compensation was taken from the VAS/TIS output. It includes a shunt compensation too in the circle on the schematic. The loop gain was not high enough at 20 kHz, I wanted it the same as at 1 kHz. Look also how the down slope is wobbling, giving quite low gain margin.
BR Damir

Attachments

• GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-comp1.jpg
    GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-comp1.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 611
And finally third, improvement of the loop gain wobble below zero gain. Modification of the shunt compensation, instead to connect it to the ground it is connected back to the VAS/TIS input, arrow at the schematic. I this way I’ve got stable amp with low enough distortion.

BR Damir

Attachments

• GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-comp3.jpg
    GainWire-TIS-simplerTPC-simple-study-EF-LMOS-200W-final-comp3.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 545
Nobody asked me about the compensation I used in this CFA amp, so I decided to explain why I did it in that way.

First I wanted to include lateral OPS in to compensation as per Cherry and this is first picture how it was connected and the loop gain I’ve got from it. Overall distortion was much lower this way than if the compensation was taken from the VAS/TIS output. It includes a shunt compensation too in the circle on the schematic. The loop gain was not high enough at 20 kHz, I wanted it the same as at 1 kHz. Look also how the down slope is wobbling, giving quite low gain margin.
BR Damir

Undoubtedly well studied.