200W MOSFET CFA amp

Damir,

Can you add a noise sim to this (please :)).

There is no difference in the noise between 200W//8ohm and 400W//4ohm.

Attachments

• CFA-200W_8-noise.jpg
    CFA-200W_8-noise.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,185
How good is PSRR for this amp and how could be improved in quite simple way. I simulated tree different cases, no any aditional power line filtering, simple RC filter for input stage only, and simple C multiplier for input stage. All this was simulated on + power line only, - line PSRR should show similar results.
BR Damir

Attachments

• CFA-100W-highLG-PSRR.jpg
    CFA-100W-highLG-PSRR.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 1,157
  • CFA-100W-highLG-PSRR-RCfilter.jpg
    CFA-100W-highLG-PSRR-RCfilter.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,115
  • CFA-100W-highLG-PSRR-Cmultiplier.jpg
    CFA-100W-highLG-PSRR-Cmultiplier.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 1,058
Joined 2007
Paid Member
After restoring my Adcom 535, building a chip amp, currently working on Richard Marsh's headphone amp, and using the LME49713, I am really hoping you guys come up with something beautiful here for my first big amp project. I'll just sit here and quietly lurk and learn. ;)

Dadod,

You are a mind reader. last night I was thinking about asking you about PSRR.

Would you be able to do similar sims for the simpler (lower LG) version. It would be interesting to see how/if LG affects PSRR.

Thanks

Paul

PSRR lower LG version.

Attachments

• CFA-100W-lowLG-PSRR.jpg
    CFA-100W-lowLG-PSRR.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 1,009
  • CFA-100W-lowLG-PSRR-RCfilter.jpg
    CFA-100W-lowLG-PSRR-RCfilter.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 899
  • CFA-100W-lowLG-PSRR-Cmultiplier.jpg
    CFA-100W-lowLG-PSRR-Cmultiplier.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 258
Thank you. It shows some minor benefits to the added complexity for the higher LG version. Although these are only at low frequency.

The cap multiplier looks like a easy win. The complexity is minimal and the extra voltage drop could be countered by a small dual secondary transformer added to the main PSU transformer.

Thank you. It shows some minor benefits to the added complexity for the higher LG version. Although these are only at low frequency.

The cap multiplier looks like a easy win. The complexity is minimal and the extra voltage drop could be countered by a small dual secondary transformer added to the main PSU transformer.

JLH in his 80W mosfet amp used +-55V for OPS and +-50V for input stage not to saturate lateral mosfet when they go in very unlinear input capacitance(if I remember it correctly) so small voltage drop(1.2V) on the C multiplier is OK for me.