Old Wireless World magazine articles...

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Very good, thank you!
It nicely complements the articles on Douglas Self's site.
You asked about the PA630: this IC is no longer available. The design and remaining stocks were sold to Wadia, they used the chip in their 'swift current' converter designs as the DAC I/V converter.
I build a power amp in the 90-ies using the PA630 and am in the process to get it online.

jan

Excellent resource, thanks for the link. In the early 80s Wireless World produced two collections of audio articles from the magazine, including Bailey's TL articles and the Dinsdale horn loudspeaker articles.

I wish someone would do the same for old Hi-Fi News articles. Before it went subjective and golden eared in the 1980s it had a wealth of invaluable technical articles. HFN have never made any of their resource available online* and getting them to photocopy anything is hopeless.

Last time I wanted an article I ended up emailing someone on eBay who was collecting the magazines and he provided me with a couple.

*HFN held out against the web for many years. They memorably wrote about resources available on the "world wide web" without once mentioning a web address. They still think an article in the magazine is entitled to be called a blog.