Dx Armagedon will be released next Christmas - 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Already tested audio power amplifier, already assembled and i will continue to test it till December when we gonna release this as a DIY design, for free, with all layouts, informations, support, videos for you.

It is real, the video link below show you the prototype, more tests to come, more videos to come, more movies using simulator to come.

Layout will be provided by Juan Vargas Diaz and also by Fábio Zimmer.

To produce pcboards and group buy will depend on how many guys will be interested..and this is up to them.

You may say (the less friendly guys may say) that is another Blameless design...i will answer you that you are entirely, totally and completely right....we, Brazilians, do not change a team that is beating others..this is foolish...why to replace the best by another inferior design?

This one is tested, guaranteed..and torture will confirm along these monthes to come.

Then i will release the Dx Boom MKII.... the same schematic having a low pass filter in the input..this will complete a system having a subwoofer amplifier...so..you can produce a three channel amplifiers able to put out more than 4 kilowatts (theoretically) if you manage to have a strong supply to do that.

I do think, in a more conservative and realistic way..you gonna have a three channels putting out 1 Kw undistorted, at 8 ohms withe 0.006% THD.

I use to alternate high power with medium power amplifiers...and this one comes after the Dx Super A that put out 300 watts maximum at 2 ohms, when this one put more than 300 watts at 8 ohms...so... you see that this one is really strong.....it is not impossible to reach 1800 watts each channel, RMS at 10 percent distortion...at least simulator says that.

This month i gonna have Juan starting to distribute pcboards to the Dx Super A...and in December you gonna have a monster unit for your enjoyment...next year you may even have pcboards available..but layout to etch at your home gonna be my gift for you all...uncle charlie Christmas gift.

What i think about this amplifier.... excelent sound..... in special for bass and voices...i could not evaluate treble that looks good as i have to replace some tweeters at my home..they melt with ths range of power..my home unit, the prototype is putting out more than 400 watts RMS.... tweeters are dying here..i have lost some when injecting high power at 20 kilohertz...they are usually for 30 to 50 watts and cannot hold that power

I know that what kills tweeter are oscilations..but i ensure you the unit is not doing that and scope tests gonna be published.... relax..this one is guaranteed..my scope is back home..also the good generator (a vintage Simpson).

I want just one to assemble..this is all i want...when the one come to the forum and make the review..i am sure many guys will assemble..and this gonna be a great massage in my heart.

Power to an amplifier depends on your power supply...if you power supply is 300 watts..not way to have much more than 200 watts of audio...if you feed this monster you gonna see the earthquake inside your house...the nails will jump out from your wooden walls.

Dx Armagedon - High power unit to be released - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 1800 Watts RMS.jpg
    1800 Watts RMS.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Armagedon for Christmas.jpg
    Armagedon for Christmas.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 960
  • Armagedon.jpg
    Armagedon.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 927
Thank you folks..... the Earthquaker.... a monster!

This will Shake your house.... i was thinking to call it SHAKER...a friend Omar would appreciate this...but i do think this word is not correct.... to make milk shake we use blender and not a shaker.;)

You gonna have it folks..... Christmas gift...fully tested...wonderfull sound..hiper super duper high crazy power!:eek:

Competition gonna be nervous....well...i will invite them to assemble to feel good again:happy2:

Sucessor....a respectable sucessor... the bass can beat the MKIII..... i cannot say the same to the treble..at least for a while as i have a 100N capacitor in the input because of the chinese sound generator...the cube you use to see...gonna use other audio source and i will evaluate..... it looks gonna be awesome..for a while i just cannot say anything about treble..it is filtered and damped...i am not listening the real thing now a days..will test with headphones.

Thank you Ranchu, Aniket, Bigun and Denmas.

Already sending invitation to my layout designers to produce the pcboards..we already have the starting point that is the Dx Boom pcboard...will fit the Dx Boom MKII (bass unit...an Armagedon for Bass)

It exist.... real amplifier...assembled and playing loud and clear and shaking the whole building.

I am thinking to send earphones as gift to the competition...as their amplifiers are too much weak (ahahahahah!)...so... earphones may fit.

See the Dx Boom thread you gonna see the unit...and playing with only 42 volts.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Armagedon 2 ohms.jpg
    Armagedon 2 ohms.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 754
  • Armagedon - frequency response.jpg
    Armagedon - frequency response.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 684
  • Armagedon harmonics.jpg
    Armagedon harmonics.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 144
While we are waiting the Dx Super A pcboards to distribute

we are working into the Armagedon..... Juan Vargas, Fábio Zimmer and uncle charlie working all time long.... messages going and coming.... videos produced.... layouts being made...ideas travelling both directions...we are having fun.

See this new video...790 watts RMS in the Armagedon.(52.8 Volts RMS when distorting in the video).

Armagedon - more transformer power to feed the monster - YouTube

I do not have electrolitic capacitors..only 10 thousand plus 10 thousand and this is not enought...i need 50 thousand plus 50 thousand more microfarads (minimum)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Surround  it with transistors...envolva com transistors.jpg
    Surround it with transistors...envolva com transistors.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 297
Very interesting Carlos! I haven't even finished my MkIII and I'm already looking forward to this beast!!

10 pairs outputs is huge! Have you thought about trying an EF3 (emitter-follower triple) output stage to reduce the loading on the VAS? Here is Kevin O'Conner's design from another thread as an example:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

No problems dear Ranchu32..... i am an old bugger

I have already assembled so many different topologies...so many amplifiers that you may not even believe.

I have tested the stuff before....many times.... was abandoned this circuit...not stable.

But sometimes people has some empathy because looks good..also the double differential input (the big trouble is there) and the full symetry is something people love...but...PNP is usually higher gain then NPN....so... amplifier halves are never the same.... abandoned double differential too.

Good Will78... subscribed!...thanks,

regards,

Carlos

No problem Carlos! I'm still learning about the different topologies trying to understand the differences and what works best.

I'm building your MkIII and DX Super A and can't wait to hear your designs for myself. I will compare to other amplifiers to compare the sonics. But from what I have read from other people I have every expectation that your amplifier will be superb.

My amplifier use to beat others...not because they are

that much better...it is also the philosophy.... i strongly suggest people not to use pré amplifiers....this, by itself, already increase the sound quality a lot.

They are tuned for sonics.... making comparison you will perceive.

In matter of fact if you do not compare....every amplifier will sound good, because our Brain adjust everything after a couple of seconds....you see people perceiving bass in cell phones :eek:.... when there's no bass at all.

The real thing is that you gonna like any amplifier...because your brain will adjust...what i did?

I am adjusting and listening a few seconds with A or B...this is the way i do the stuff.

I use to say the competition will loose...and they will and always will..in special because they use a lot of stuff inside the audio chain..pre amplifiers, switches, cables, active and passive parts...each thing distorts a little.

I said this many times...but people do not listen.... they listen and they not hear...or they hear but not listen...the message enter the left ear and have a connection of exaust in the rigth ear (ahahahahahah!)

Not all guys, of course not all guys.... we have people that has attention..but 30 percent listen and do not hear.

Then they go to compare with mine without preamplifier...ehehehehehhe...i beat then easy and laughing and rolling in the floor so loud is my laugh...they already lost! in advance they start the competition...because of the philosophy.

No chance for them...i will always have advantage.....but..if they decide to remove the preamplifeir, the advantage to my amplifiers is small.... depending the speaker you may not even notice.

You see...i do not keep hidden the tips and tricks...how many guys do that?...maybe because i am crazy...... and if i am crazy because of that..then i am proud to be crazy.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Armagedon topology

You do not need to use 10 output pairs....... this ammount is to 1800 Watts RMS at 2 ohms

If you feel good with 900 Watts at 4 ohms you can use 6 pairs.

If you want 400 Watts at 8 ohms then you can use 3 or 4 pairs.

It is up to you.

These level of power informed above are approximatelly...amplifier not ready, this may change a little bit.

Also you can adjust your power changing the power supply voltage...from 35 to 90 volts it will operate.

This amplifier may use bigger supply boards.. in my imagination this monster will cost less than 55 USD the kit, including two amplifier pcboards and one power supply pcboard.

We are studying the use of a special, exclusive, customized, made by the Corporation, optimized, simplified, SMPS.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Armagedon - September 17th.jpg
    Armagedon - September 17th.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Hungry speaker was nice

Lovely Aussies...you have the good mood...this is nice.

I was watching the low end..exactly were we have some punch.

Also output level.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Armagedon output node - 1.jpg
    Armagedon output node - 1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 259
  • Armagedon output node - 2.jpg
    Armagedon output node - 2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Peak to peak output voltage.jpg
    Peak to peak output voltage.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.