Dx Armagedon will be released next Christmas - 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Armagedon was upgraded...here you have the last video made

with the original schematic as published here (without values for a while).

Armagedon - High power audio amp upgrade - YouTube

A new video being uploaded..soon i gonna publish it here...it is the Armagedon already upgraded!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Ar.jpg
    Ar.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 466
Audio quality surprised me...we never know how it gonna sound

Because this depends on the harmonic distribution... the quantity and the quality of harmonics....this one beated MKIII and almost matched in performance the Dx Super A, but it has more treble than the Super A and also more bass then the MKIII.

I am very happy..and i have ordered pcboards for test because i will keep them to assemble mine own amplifier...i gonna make a stereo of 200 plus 200 watts RMS only.... but the sound is the one i like a lot.

It will be together the Dx Super A...i may install active filter to use it as subwoofer...as you could see in the last video posted, it can put out 1 hertz without too much losses.

Enjoy...i am dancing so happy i am!

The Armagedon - upgrade made - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos

I know you want to keep the schematic a secret until Christmas (a gift to the community) but perhaps you could share some of the design details?

- How is this different to the MkIII ?
- I can see 10 output pairs in the schematic above. Are there any changes to the input stage and VAS?

regards

It looks almost the same...because of harmonic distribution the sound

Is different..... could even result better than MKIII in some way, in some frequency..not a global beat.

Amplifiers, when compared, always beat in some way...all them are different and all them have their own sonic signature and advantages and disadvantages.

As a tradition i use to release schematic at Christmas...i am doing that this last 10 years (almost that).... and one circuit is the evolution of the former one...has some advantage, and naturally has some disadvantage too...nothing is entirelly perfect in this world... all designs have compromise.

It beat the MKIII in power...you see the supply voltage now is 82 volts...so...this way...it is more powerfull...sonics are different too....MKIII continue to be an excellent amplifier, also all others i did, each one of them have their quality.

Current, voltages, part selection, capacitors, pcboard layout...all that stuff plays a lot into the final result.... sometimes channels of the same design plays a little bit different...we are in analogic world, where things are not that precise...even our supply voltage is floating plus and minus 10 percent..in some countries it is 20 percent.

regards,

Carlos

Tradition is to release in Christmas...i am doing this almost these past 10 years

It looks alike the MKIII, values are different, also there are differences in sonics, in harmonic distribution and sonic signature..another amplifier...just looks alike.

We, humans, we have head, body, arms and legs.... we look alike..but we have different personalities....the same way happens with audio amplifiers...this is the wonderfull thing into analogic electronics..you change something and the sound becomes different...this is awesome.

Here you have parts...we are working hard..in youtube you can see several videos about.... each video is using a different schematic....we are testing and tweaking while needed..... simulators helps a lot..but we cannot listen to it...so...we have to build and listen and tweak for sonics.

You may believe it is a MKIII with steroids...not really...sound is totally different.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Armagedon part numbers, stop resistors não mostrados.jpg
    Armagedon part numbers, stop resistors não mostrados.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 386
Order sent to the factory...we want fiber boards to test the layout

I want to check it.

It gonna be assembled in the real layout.

We have such fiber boards, cheap ones, to test our pcboards prior to order the fiberglass ones.

Yes, Voltage Amplifier Stage (VAS) is feeded by a CCS (Constant Current Source)...but also has a bootstrap circuit with reduced effectivity that has a switch...so, you can switch it on and off and listen to decide the way you like the most.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Armagedon schematic November 5.jpg
    Armagedon schematic November 5.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 320
A council meeting will happen latter, at night..about the future of our operations

As a group we were working these last 10 years (almost) creating and sharing designs, a DIY work, with all schematics shared, also layout, videos, pictures, diagrams and sketches..also help was offered..always for free.

In the early begining we push people hard to etch their own pcboard...latter on we decide to produce ourselves, after we had suggest this forum to create a shop or something alike to provide pcboards.... and now a days we have a shop installed..but our Dx amplifier were out of this decision... reason why my partners decide to produce pcboards... some offered in group buys and now a days they are offering inside group buys and also accepting orders from outside the community.

We may decide to stop DIY operations..to stop to offer schematics, pcboards, layouts and all stuff related the Dx amplifiers to come...the new designs may not be published...and i am sorry, this one included..... we gonna decide at night.

Why this decision may be taken by the Council?

All these years we had pirates producing pcboards and selling them in UK, China, USA and Brasil..non authorized pcboards.... something stollen..and they have used all plans, layouts, designs, sketches, diagrams and all instructions published in this same forum...so... we were supporting the piracy without our own will...they have just used our forum to their illegal activies.... more than illegal, against ethics and prevailing morals... we have continued despite these obstacles, and this was hard, because always we were under the suspicion that we had something to do with all this dirt.. when we never had connections to these pirates.

In Brazilian foruns the sittuation was even worse, the lack of decense was exponential there.... the philosphy of every man for himself.... to have advantage over others made them wild in search of easy money... now a days one Brazilian forum looks that is producing a filch in one of our amplifiers.... or more than one, as i am not connected to that forum anymore (Silveira). i am not searching their activity, nor following or inspecting or studying...i just give up related them when i found them making an association to explore their users.... creating pcboard factories inside the forum, having the management associated with that stuff, also par's providers..so....they have created, in my point of view, an open market, a business inside the forum....and the worse ... the pcboards are not fine..the copy, or adaptation of the schematic was a makeup and technically i have strong suspicious that may have failures...as the make up just change some values and some parts position without good technical criteria.

Due to that... to continue to feed my brazilian forum with DIY designs, i will just be helping these guys to offer pcboards exploring their people.... some spoil from my work..and having to these guys, that does not speak english (majority) the condition to copy, in their native language, all the details, layouts, schematics, adjustments, sketches made to help people to have low price construction, fair price pcboards offered by my people ...offering quality in the pcboard production.

It is unfair all the work we spent, a real huge work, to be explored by others, without a fair criteria, without a fair price, without decence.... we may decide to close the DIY activity just maintaining some help to strangers and some selected Brazilians related the old schematics published as DIY amplifiers.

Our own forum will have all old instructions deleted, to avoid pirates to use them as a help to sell their stuff and we gonna just use the forum for fun, to have nice conversations about audio, to show our new ideas and designs, but no more layout, no more schematics....we gonna make some few pcboards for our own use and some to offer assembled and tested to the ones had the desire to have it....the price will not be low, exactly to avoid these guys that have some pooverty in their spirit and pooverty in their pockets..to avoid them to buy to copy...so.... we do not want to have profit.. we just want to avoid them to buy...they will not pay high prices because they cannot, also we gonna select to the ones we gonna sell our products...and the filtering will be more obstructed to Brazil...sadly... we have to do that..because of piracy.

So, after the decision that we may take tonight, we gonna change our focus from DIY to just pleasure and fun...we will not share.... our designs will be keept in secret...and customers will have to sign a paper with the promisse not to share, not to show, not to publish and not to comment circuit details... the idea is to sell 1 or 2 each year..high quality products assembled and tested...and the money will finance new creations..not more DIY.

Uncle Charlie will be a forum user...i will just read and no more threads to open..willl be helping Dx Super A for a couple of years long..supporting and helping Juan Vargas, because he is Dx Corporation important member..also helping old circuits..but no new one anymore...no more DIY.... dirt people is making bad use of their freedom in my country and i have to close myself to avoid them to penetrate (more) our defenses.

Some products are copies of MKIII, included the switch to the bootstrapp...you see..the circuit was not even released and people is already using Dx Corporation ideas and schematics... see the images...brand names removed... this stuff is in the hands of lawyers that gonna produce strong charge against them.

I will confirm tomorrow the result.... Juan Vargas will vote too...naturally.

I am having troubles to upload some images...will do that latter on.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Juan was absent due to his internet problems

Puerto Rico internet is a little bit unstable, from time to time goes out from the air.

Anyway, even if he go against (I doubt that) we had 4 votes to stop DIY amplifier production, keeping assistance or follow up to the ones already posted these last 10 years (almost, will be in next february).

So, i am sorry to say, and at same time with some relief, no more amplifiers posted to be copied...next ones will have hidden schematics, no more Doctor Self inspired, will be Russian schematics authorized to be modified, to be used as a reference, a base, a topology, a main frame only.

The new amplifier will have not advertisement here...will not be even mentioned in this diyforum because it is not DIY anymore..... i may run advertsement and comments, and videos, about the diy products posted here.

Dx Amplifier
Dx HRII
Dx Precision
DHR Turbo
Dx Troyan
Dx Blame ES, Blame ST, Supercharged and MKII
Dx MKIII
Dx Trust
Dx Super A

and some others already posted.

These ones, exception is the Trust (old style)...all them copied...all them unauthorized copies, with schematics and instructions copied from here, from this forum..also the reference adress for people to come to read instructions is this forum..people have not even produced their own instructions in their language....they use links to this forum.... so, the forum became auxiliary to the pirates...well...they made this forum an auxiliary tool despite the forum have not be asked about.

Copied, and sometimes with poor pcboards and many times with overprice.

I have to thank the more than thousand builders of my amplifiers, but we are stopping to produce ammunition to these out of law guys.

In my own forum... www.dxamp.com.br ..... there, we gonna show new amplifiers, and there, people will be able order assembled units from Zimmer and maybe from Juan Vargas too (waiting him to come to us to know the news and to listen if he agreed with the decision taken or not)... will be small production of state of the art super amplifiers.

People will be filtered..we will not provide to anyone...also we gonna block some Brazilians that will be inspected before delivery to make sure that there are not emissaries of pirates.

People copying, in Brazil, will receive a visit from the Federal Police.

New amplifier is going to be registered.... it is a modified, Russian style, version of my MAKO.

I would ask moderators to keep this thread on line for some time, in order to my builders to know what is going on..then, at your decision, delete or move the thread as will not be continued.

I am sorry, i do not do this for living....i have partners that appreciate some profit and i need them to make my layouts and to sell, as i hate this part of the job....i love amplifiers...mainly DIY...but the reality, the real world of business, make me change my direction......if i do not do this way i gonna be feeding pirates and all kind of not honest people.... some of them so desperate to have some money that they would sell their own mother to have a couple of coins....poverty call from us, humans, the worst possible behavior.. sadly, some cannot live bad moments with honor.... it is some poverty in the spirit too.... i know some samples like that in Brazil... a big shame to all of us.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
.... you 've been told uncle Charlie .... Yeaaaaaaaaaars ago i think ....
You gave too much to the community so far uncle Charlie I f i want to copy something from you that i am not really sure about , it will only take a question posted in the forum and you will answer it ...

not all of the schematics should be public in my opinion and i told you more than once and many years ago ..

happy regards
Sakis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.