Kind of current mirror.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After i finished reading this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/133018-current-mirror-discussion.html
This is one of awesome thread in our forum. Manythings i can learn.

Well, here are 2 of best current mirror which i found from this thread. They're simple but have very good performance.
So, in ''Glen current mirror'' (left). R1, R2 are degen resistors of transistor. Ib (Q1) + Ib (Q2) + I (R3) = Ie (Q3).
Please, reply me: How much current through R3 is enough?

In Hawksford cascoded symmetrical Vas, what's the kind is better? I have seen Wilson current mirror in Mongrel circuits, Symasym...

Last edited:
Sorry, i'm forget the pic.

Attachments

• Current Mirror 01.GIF
    Current Mirror 01.GIF
    9.7 KB · Views: 309
adjust R3 until Iin exactly equals Iout

Measure Iin & Iout at the "top" end using precision matched resistors of a value that gets adequate resolution at the currents you are using.
eg. if feeding an LTP, the LTP degen resistors could be 100r and passing 1.5mA each. A 199.9mVdc DMM would read 150.xmVdc across the degen resistors. You can get current match approaching 0.1% if careful.
Then replace the Vr for a fixed value of R3.

I' tested with a current mirror like here.
But i can't balancing current at 2 side of diff Vas to exactly. It's different a bit.

With improved Wilson current mirror, the current of two side seem very equal, to part per thousand of a Volt.

What's the best of CM for diff Vas?! Vas's used Hawksford cascode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.