300+300 WRMS Power Amplifier. Lots of pictures.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a final note, I biased each PA board at 250mA. This somewhat the recommended bias setting for the toshiba output pairs used.

The unit does not speaker hum AT ALL. With the input disconnected and at full volume I get just white noise in what I presume is in the order of 0-1dB

Even connecting my aero headphones at the PA output i cannot trace any hum.

An important tip: I was having just a little hum pickup by the output wires going to the output ports. Twisting this wires very tight absolutely removed this remaining amount of hum.

Red/black wires in the picture below:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I must say I have still to listen to any PA better than this one and I'm very proud of it.
It has a massive bass authority and extremely bright and pure all over the entire rest of the audible range like anything else I experienced.

Thanks Marco :D

This project took a great deal of money and time, first experimenting with different ground and PS configurations to find the most perfect one I could, then building it as neat as I could.
Pay off is an awesome performer.
The LME49830 provides a quite difficult to beat input stage.

In case someone would like a copy I will share the PA board squematics with anyone to check it out. Just ask for it via private message and I will forward a copy.

very nice work.

I was wondering why it is referred to as a PA amplifier.
I know some amps are intended for a personal address system, in fact I am listening to one right now.

The issue though is most are not very pleasant sounding, they get loud but not lots of quality.

So what would classify an amplifier as a PA amp?

Again top notch build it looks very nice, and thank you for sharing the pictures.

I do have a real broad spectrum music wise. I do listen to electronic music quite a bit; not so much of Serrat, I found him little boring but I guess I still did not catch up with his style.
Definitelly not rap music. The rest, almost ALL kinds of rock, classic music, jazz -specially old jazz - Billie Holiday, Lester Young, etc..., It all depends on the actual state of mind.
My FLAC library is expanding and expandiang everyday :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.