Kickstarter DIY amplifier project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

After frustration with not being able to find a decent kit to control inputs, provide remote control and an FM tuner for my tube amp, I decided to make my own, which led to a Kickstarter project!

Open Hi-Fi, a DIY stereo amplifier for the 21st century by Robert Daniel Valtierra — Kickstarter

I figured some of you would be interested in checking it out. It uses a touch screen interface, has four general inputs, a FM tuner input and a Bluetooth input. You can also use a smartphone as a remote control and the kit can be used to control external amps.

It uses Panasonic signal relays, OPA2134s for signal buffering and a PGA2130 for controlling the volume. There is a tone control circuit, but it can be bypassed using relays. There is a LM1875 based integrated amp, but there is an option to not have this included so you can use the kit to control two external amps.

The project is not live yet, but hopefully will be soon!

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
PLEASE change the music at the intro of the video. It's, well, bad. You almost lost me right in the beginning.

(BTW, what's playing at 4:17? Neat!)

Is the kit going to include the chassis from Par-Metal?

Great idea overall!

Thanks for the feedback about the video intro music. I have to admit my skills drop off sharply when it come to stuff like making demo videos! I will have to try to find something better...(I'm using non-copyrighted music)

Yes the chassis will be included. I was really pleased by the quality and they will stamp out all the required holes for mounting PCB and what not.

At 4:17 is the Hot Club of Cowtown, and if you liked the music during the spectrogram demo, that is Stompy Jones.

Thanks again for the feedback!

No offence, but the interface looks really ugly for 2013. Instead of that cheap touch LCD, I would suggest an oled display (128x64) with a rotary encoder.
I'm working on something similar. Just DAC, no amp but with many inputs all through the DAC - 7 digital (4 coax/ 3 optical) + bluetooth and MPD. I'll show you what I have in mind for the interface.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.