Does this type of Oscillation in preamp indicate a cause?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will enjoy writing this again :

In my young days ( today i am 47 ) and when i was 18 or so i made a small fortune selling to small clubs dimmers that didn't produce or inject buzz or noise in the sound system .

the way to do it was very simple Said to the owner get my dimmers and your noise will be gone additionally my dimmers will also drive your neon tubes to almost candle light level without flickering

arrange the cost issues and schedule appointment for installation

The day after or so i was installing generic dimmers made by me with one triac 2capacitors one generic coil a couple of resistors one potentiometer and a snubber circuit nothing magic BUT !!! while performing the installation i was also laying my hands in their sound system removing all forms of ground loops all improper cables and all that was unshielded and generally all bad practices .

Result : absolutely noise free

As about the neon the trick was most of the times far too easy also .The quality of the HV neon trafo was rubbish I have actually seen trafos jumping around from the pulses taken by the dimmer . Add that trafo good or bad is very inductive anyway and drives the dimmer crazy ..so what to do ?

add a resistive load to the output of the dimmer and the dimmer will be fooled enough to think that it drives easily a resistive load often to candle light levels I used heavy wattage wire wound resistors or classic bulbs of 100W thrown on the roof .

God i made a small fortune of these people !!!!

The reason i am saying all this is to make you understand that no sound system ever produces noises or oscillations ( in a way ) Only the sound system is picking up noises and oscillations ...

So get it done !!! find out and let us know !

Thanks for your time
Sakis

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
" never expected an answer like that from such a guy like you !! Never treat electronics with cortisone there is no point on trying to suppress the problem cause it will never be self cured ...You need to find out whats is going on! "

Ok, ok you are right. But, I did ask him if he changed anything. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.