Linsley-Hood 80W mosfet amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I built one of these some years ago, and to my ears it's a fine amp. However I'm needing a couple of extra amps for an active system I'm building, and wondering how my amp compares to the likes of the P3A, AKSA, LM3875 etc.

So, should I build another JLH or go for something new? If anything I'd prefer a compact design so that I can fit four in one case.

TIA

Say it is not so!

Subtle but effective....................:D

Attachments

• spam.jpg
    spam.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,021
Jam,

I LOVE that great cartoon!! WONDERFUL!!

Actually, I feel pretty much as you do. Subtlety is, in my view, mandatory. If I had accepted all the generous spam offers in recent years I would be:

1. Dying of AIDS
2. Endowed with an organ so large I would require a Kenworth Rig to move around.
3. Taking good care of $US593M dollars of other people's money.
4. Qualified with 49 PhD degrees, and 321 Masters degrees.

Such is modern life on the net.........

Cheers,

Hugh

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Say it is not so!

O.K....Shall we compose a list of all known or alleged manufacturers that do not contribute in a positive way to the forum?

How about the wannabee manufacturers we don't really know about?

How about those known manufacturers that we feel or suspect use the forum as a source for improving on their product?

Would any of the above justify such giving members such as Nelson Pass, Hugh Dean, Jonathan Carr and no doubt countless others to be categorized as commercial?

Subtle as it may seem sometimes I'd hope for the mass intellinge to set the two apart...I can do so and I'm sure you can too.

Oh, and the greater designer amongst us don't really need this forum to promote their ideas, believe me, they really do not.

No doubt in my mind, Hugh Dean is NOT abusing the forum...
Although you may see it differently, I don't, as his contributions are just that tad too valuable to me and I would hope the forum feels the same way as well.

As a matter of fact I gave away some circuits as well that I hope people will discuss and come up with possible improvements and that kind of critisism is all I hope to see from the forum, meeting greater or equal minds than my own.

In the mean time, I know Hugh thinks much along the same line...

Respectfully yours,

Cheers,;)

Frank,

It was all in jest and ment Hugh no disrespect ............... now on the other hand if it was a certain person from South Carolina I might have ment it differently, besides most Aussies have a great sense of humor.;)

Regards,
Jam

Attachments

• jdo0722l.jpg
    jdo0722l.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 891
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.